Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Is there a way to implement review scores like this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hi,

I came across this wordpress plugin for reviews, which looks pretty neat(http://codecanyon.net/item/reviewer-wordpress-plugin/full_screen_preview/5532349). I’m looking a “Theme 3” here. Firstly, I’m just curious if it would be compatible with Dynamix, and secondly, is something like this possible to be made just from the tools within Dynamix itself? I know that there is a Pie Chart that is similar to this, but I’m not sure if the stuff above that, with the score and pros and cons would be possible.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

With most plugins, the only way would be to test it out as I cannot tell from just looking at it. I don’t see why there should be any issues but I cannot guarantee anything obviously.

Most of that is possible using Visual Composer straight out of the box but the ‘Total Score’ section would need to be custom coded. Also, I am not sure how the leave your rating section would work too unless you used the plugin.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks for the info Tom. I messed around with the pie chart, and I’m wondering is there a way for it to display something like 9.5/10 in the center? Like right now I use the progress bar and I would put the value at 95 and add “Overall Score 9.5/10” above that, but I think it would look better if I could display simply 9.5/10 in the center of the pie chart. Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I have figured out a way of doing this.

Add a pie chart and edit it

Pie Value: 95
    Pie label value: 9.5
    Units: /10
    Etc.

Preview and the number should clock up out of 10 and the correct value will show.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks, that worked! One final question here: is there a way to change the size of the pie chart aside from putting it into a row with more sections in VC?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately there is not, that is what the rows are used for. Remember, you can add a row inside of another row. On the other hand, you could add a CSS class to the pie chart and set a width on them to cap them but this would be classed as custom CSS.

You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.