Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / iSlider changes aspect

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Thanatermesis
    Participant

Hi,

There’s a bug in iSlider effect, the thumbnails looks “resized” instead of “cropped”, by changing the size to the needed one (if has not the same aspect) it changes the aspect to adapt it, every designer knows that changing the aspect made the images to look like crap :), the correct way to do it is by cropping the unneded things (in timthumb, the equivalent parameter is ?zc= if im not wrong, and using the option 3, so zc=3)

Thank you
    Thanatermesis

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Which version of DynamiX are you using? Timthumb has been deprecated in the later versions of DynamiX. The new image resizer keeps the aspect ratio of the images.

Do you have a link to your site with the islider on so I can take a quick look?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

Im not talking about timthumb, im using it as an example so you can know better where is the problem

> The new image resizer keeps the aspect ratio of the images.

Not for the iSlider, as I have reported

> Do you have a link to your site with the islider on so I can take a quick look?

Not right now, I have see it doing tests on my local WP that I use for tests before to publish anything (and of course I have not published any islider because it has a broken aspect), please try it and you will see

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

From looking into things further with Andy, the Islider doesn’t resize the thumbnails because of the height of the gallery can change, depending of the aspect ratio of the images, you can’t resize them as it will stretch them and will not keep the aspect ratio correct.

Unless we see exactly what you have got we won’t be able to tell what to do with it. If you set the height to keep the ratio, you will end up with gas at the top and bottom as it fills the area at the moment when stretching them.

With your set up you may have to add css to make it look how want.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

> you will end up with gas at the top and bottom as it fills the area at the moment when stretching them.

I know, that is why I said the example in timthumb using the option zc=3, which does a crop + zoom, which more exactly does: instead of add black borders for fit the site, it adapts the inside image to get a correct size without change the aspect.

You will understand everything clear looking at this example page for timthumb, see the option zc=3, http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/demo/timthumb-zoom-crop/ – The first image is how ugly actually looks (resized, breaking the aspect)

Please show it to Andy so you* will understand better the problem.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve not had chance to test this out, however it should work ( Essentially adding the image resizer to the navigation images ). This is for iSlider added via the page options ( I’ll add to shortcodes once I know the method is successful ).

Locate DynamiX/lib/inc/gallery-stage.php

Unzip and replace with this file:

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/gallery-stage.php.zip

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

I have passed this on to Andy and he is going to try to implement the image resizer on that area.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

Hi back,

I have waited for test this fix so i had no galleries before yet 🙂

Not luck this time. You can see the gallery where I tested it at http://www.elivecd.org/screenshots/

It seems to look a little better now, but stills showing a wrong aspect, you can notice it specially in some images that are very wide like this one: http://www.elivecd.org/wp-content/uploads/e16-spatial-1.jpg

If you search for this image in the first list (blackandwhite screenshots) you can see that the proportion is correct, just like the same when you open it, you can notice easily the aspect by looking at the circles (they should look like perfect circles, not ovals).

But if you scroll down on the page, in “Other Screenshots” you can see the iSlider ones also using this image, you can notice that the aspect is wrong on the iSlider thumbnails (but it looks correct on the not-thumbnail one)

Thank you
    Thanatermesis

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The thumbnails don’t show right as the height of the gallery is taller than the width of the thumbnails. If you reduce the height of he gallery, it should squash the thumbnails down to look a bit better.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot more I can suggest at this moment in time.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

Hi back,

I still think that this is a bug, as I have pointed before, they looks good on the first gallery, the one that appears in blackandwhite (they are cropped correctly without changing the aspect), but not in the iSlider ones, it should use the same method of cropping and it will look correct without aspect distortions, can you please show this to Andy to make a look?

Thanks
    Thanatermesis

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

I have passed this on to Andy and he is going to try to implement the image resizer on that area.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.