Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Issue Adding Video to Blog Post

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • nschell05
    Participant

Hi there,

So I have a video I’m trying to add (via YouTube) to my website and it keeps breaking the page (appears to strip the CSS). Any idea what could be causing this? Some browsers it looks fine, some it looks a mess. Some videos (on YouTube or Vimeo) work fine, some do this broken page thing.

Really unsure about what could be causing it.

https://augustschell.com/2017/03/13/testing/ — currently, it looks fine on MY computer, but on my coworkers computer it is broken on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. And on my cellphone it is broken, too.

Any help?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  nschell05.

Hi @nschell05

Can you please send over your site’s login credentials so we can check how the video was added?

Thanks!

nschell05
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @nschell05

Can you please redo the page? I created a new post and added a video to it and it seems to be working without any issues as seen here:
    https://augustschell.com/2017/03/14/testing-videos/

Regards,

nschell05
    Participant

Hi,

I just clicked that link and it works fine on Chrome but is broken in Safari/Firefox/on mobile.

Are you seeing the issue at all on any browser?

Thanks,
    Nikki

Hi @nschell05

I checked the site on all browsers and I do not see any issues.

Can you try to clear your browser’s cache and check the site?

Regards,

nschell05
    Participant

Hi yes,

I’ve done that numerous times. It isn’t only my computer – it’s my coworkers and my clients, too. And it’s just the blog posts. The pages seem to be working fine.

I’m not sure what to do. I’ve deactivated all the plugins and tested – thankfully it seems to just be the blog and not the pages, but I have no idea what is going on.

If you have any idea, I’d love to hear what you think might be happening.

Thanks,
    Nikki

Hi @nschell05

Can you please elaborate how you added the videos so I can try to reproduce it from my end?

I only pasted the video link to the editor as WordPress automatically reads it and embeds it using the link.

Thanks!

nschell05
    Participant

Hi

Thanks very much for your time on this. Similarly, I’ve simply pasted the link and WordPress does it’s thing. I think I’ve discovered the issue though and it is not a problem with the theme. I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this though!

Best,
    Nikki

Just to confirm, has this already been sorted out, @nschell05?

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.