Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Issue with IE8

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • David
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having a big issue with IE8 (which 99% of the organisation I’m building the site for use)

Whats happening is, sporadically, sub menus, the text resizer and the social icons aren’t loading when the site load. It’s working fine in Chrome – everytime.

If i reset IE8 settings back to default, it loads fine for a few times then reverts back to not showing the sub menus or the social icons – there is no pattern over how many reloads it takes for the issue to re-appear.

Can you help please?

David
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

David
    Participant

I’ve taken a look in Chrome and IE8 Developer tools and I think I’ve identified the problem (although I don’t know how to fix it!)

In IE when everything is working as it should, for example, the Twitter icon it is listed under .fa-share-square-o:before as content : “\f045″ – this does not seem to load everytime from the font-awsome.min.css style sheet.

In Chrome, for the Twitter icon it is listed under media=”all” .fa-twitter:before { content: “\f099”; from font-awsome.min.css:4 and it loads successfully every time.

I’ve added my details on the site above this post, and would appreciate it if you could take a look / correct this issue for me. It’s pretty urgent so a prompt response would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    David.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Please see the sticky thread here, for the fix.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

David
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I’ve done that but it hasn’t resolved the problem.

I’ve cleared my browser cache and reset IE again, it worked the first time it loaded but it’s reverted back on any subsequent loads.

It’s also affecting my sub-menus. On one menu item I have 3 levels but they aren’t showing – also, the little ‘down arrows’ aren’t showing on the menu.

It’s only started happening since I upgraded to 4.0.8.

Thanks,
    David.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I have just got access to a machine running IE8 and your site looks fine to me.

It sounds like a caching issue. I recommend resetting your browser cache again and restarting your internet router to completely flush everything out.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.