Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Issues: Carousel, Non-Responsive text, White Space between different items

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
  • kristinanewyork
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I uploaded the 4.0.1 version but having some problems:
    1. I need to have a “slideshow” of my recent posts. I don’t have images and want only title and text. I activated carousel and nothing shows up on my mac except for slideshow arrows and bullet points. On my iPad I am getting the title only (I can swipe them with my finger, which is really cool). How can I get text to show up on iPad and title and text to show up on my Mac?
    2. When I pull up my page on my iPhone the text in the middle of the parallex image is non-responsive, not centered. When I pull it up on iPad, it’s fine.
    3. On my homepage I have a header followed by parallex, carousel etc. Each section has white space in between. How do I get rid of whitespace?

kristinanewyork
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. I have just viewed this and it appears with the text on my Mac, I recommend resetting your browser cache.

2. This is because you have added a huge amount of padding, 150px, to the row so it is pushing it over on the iPhone. Try splitting the row into 1/4 + 1/2 + 1/4 as this will act like padding but still work correctly on the iPhone etc.

3. You had a bottom margin of 50 added to your top row which created this gap. I set it to 0 to remove the space.

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Thank you Tom,
    1. I reset Safari and cleared cache and it’s still not working. Also, not working on my iPhone. I will keep trying, but if you have any other ideas, let me know.
    2. Worked like a charm, thanks!
    3. Thank you for fixing this. Any idea how to get rid of white space bettwen parallax image and header?
    Cheers,
    K

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

1. It seems to be coming up on my computer and my iPhone, try restarting both devices.

3. You can remove this gap by adding the following CSS. Add the class to the row and add the code to Appearance > Theme Options > Customization > Custom CSS.

To add the CSS class, edit your page > edit the top row > add in the CSS class to the CSS class box.

CSS Class: no-margin-top

.row.no-margin-top  {margin-top:-15px;}

kristinanewyork
    Participant

3. Did not work. I added CSS Class in the “Extra Class Name” in the row BELOW the whitespace. There are three places (parallex image, text box etc.) I added it everywhere. Whitespace does not have a row it is coded into header or something. Then I added CSS code to the CSS Customization. No change at all.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

I have altered the value slightly and added the !important rule, now it works. You added the extra class name in the correct place so no worries about that.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Tom,
    Thank you so much. It looks AMAZING!
    Cheers,
    Kristina

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Glad we got things resolved.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated,

Kind regards,
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

I just went and gave you guys 5 stars. They don’t make the rating process easy, so I think i submitted it correctly.

RE: 1. I updated my software and safari and restarted a million times and nothing shows for Carousel in Safari. I downloaded Chrome and it works. So, I think Carousel has a problem with Safari, which is a problem because lots of people have Safari.
    Thanks,
    Kristina

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

Thats great, thank you! I agree, it is a difficult process to find the rating section.

Which Safari version are you using? I have just tested it on my other Mac on Safari and it appears there too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

I am using Safari 5.0.5. So you are seeing the post titles sliding across in the Carousel? I just want to make sure majority of the people looking at my site are actually seeing the post.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am using Safari 7 at the moment. It looks like the Carousel does not work in older versions of Safari. I will let Visual Composer know about this.

For the time being, I recommend using the group slider instead as this will work with Safari.

Kind regards,
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Are you talking about “Group Gallery?” I tired that and for some reason it is white print on white background and I can’t change that anywhere. If I use Carousel, can I limit the number of words in excerpts, because the columns are not equal length.
    Thanks,
    K

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, yes I am talking about the Group Gallery. Within the settings, you should be able to set the excerpt of the posts to show on the gallery.

It looks like you have set the font color to be white within the row settings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.