Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Issues in the shop page and branding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
  • prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

I am currently working on my shop page and this is the link to it:
    http://creativeflu.com/product-category/photography/

I have a couple of doubts:

1) As you can see, the images are all cropped from different sides. I tried to change the width and height of the thumbnails and then regenerated thumbnails using the regenerate thumbnail plugin. However, this issue does not seem to get fixed.

Am i supposed to use a smaller image? Is there any way to ensure that the images of the cameras appear clearly on the page without being cropped from all directions? The idea is that a customer should be able to understand the product as soon as he/she hits this page. Any guidance on this would be great.

2) I was looking at the Dynamix demo shop page: http://acoda.com/dynamix/shop/
    The images in your demo are much smaller. In my case, i guess because i am using the full screen space, the images have become much bigger. Wanted to know if that is the reason or is it possible for you to actually reduce the size of the images even if the full screen space is being used. Ideally i would like to have 5 products per line because in my link the images are currently very big. Do let me know if this is possible.

3) Also, i believe your logo ‘Dynamix’ on top of the page is an image? How do i add my logo in the image form. From where can that happen? Is it through theme customization option under appearance? Do let me know.

4) The last thing i want to know is, if i choose a heading font, then does that automatically become global? for example, currently, on top left of the page ‘Creativeflu’ is written in the font ‘Lobstor’ in yellow. However, if you see the shop page link – http://creativeflu.com/product-category/photography/ the name of each product is also appearing in Lobstor which is making it difficult to read the name of the product.

Even for my post page the post title is in Lobstor and in all other pages, the headings in the body is appearing in Lobstor font.

I was wondering if it’s possible to have ‘Lobstor’ as the heading font only for the ‘Header’ so that my website’s name ‘creativeflu’ appears in that font and ‘Helvetica’ as the heading font for the ‘Body’. Do let me know.

Also, my 6 months support is coming to an end on 4th August I think. I know that its possible for me to renew it immediately but is it possible for me to renew the support in October? or i will have to do so before 4th August?

Hi @prasadshivangi

1. It is possible that images that you uploaded for the cameras are of varied dimensions, this is why the crops are also varied. To fix this issue, it is best to create a 300×300 copy of each of the products cropped the way you want then upload it as the product image.

2. You can easily adjust the product image dimensions via WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display. Here is a guide on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVLb3eG0JdI

3. You can set up the image logo via Appearance > Theme Options > Header

4. To ‘Headings’ font is only for the heading tags, H1, H2, H3, H4 and this does not mean the font for the ‘Header’ which you may be referring to. Your product name is actually an H3, this is why it is using whatever you have sent as the heading font.

If you only want the font Lobster only to be used at the Header (site name), then it is best to set all the fonts to Helvetica, then we will set the header font via CSS, but, it will likely not matter since you plan to use a logo based on your question #3

Thanks!!

prasadshivangi
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Shivangi,

We apologize for the delayed reply.

1. This should now be fixed

2. I am not quite sure what you want done on this item. Do you mean that you want all options to be shown by default? If yes, this is not possible since you are using a ‘dropdown’ and it is named as such because it needs to ‘drop’ to show the other options.

If you want such, you will need to use a Radio button instead of the dropdown. This plugin will help you with that: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-variations-radio-buttons/

3. I have consulted this with the Theme owner and I will get back to you once I have an update from him.

4. All you need to do is to test the icons yourself. The first 5 icons for example correctly shares the homepage of the site when clicked to their respective sites.

Thanks!

prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

On the second query, if you visit this link: http://creativeflu.com/product/derivan-face-paint-brush-pen-12ml-choose-colour/ you will see the option beside ‘add to cart’ to increase the quantity. Just click on the drop down and increase the quantity to 10 pieces. You will notice that the ’10’ is showing as ‘1’ because there is very little space in there. I like the drop down and want it to be this way. I just want the box in which the drop down is appearing to be longer/bigger. Do let me know if thats possible.

Another issue is that when you visit the profile – http://creativeflu.com/members-2/shivangi-prasad/
    every option looks the same. what i mean is that ‘personal, mentions, favorites’ etc. are subsets of ‘Activity’ in reality and similarly ‘view, edit’ etc. are sub sets of ‘profile’. but as of now all the tabs look like they are all sets and the tabs on the second row don’t look like they are sub-sets of one of the tabs in the first row. Is there no way of changing the colour of the items in the tabs of the first row. if the colour of the tab of activity, profile, friends, messages etc. could be changed, it would become clear that the second row is a sub set of first row. Do let me know if anything can be done about this.

Thanks a tonne,
    Shivangi

Hi Shivangi,

Use this CSS to fix the width of the quatity selector:

.woocommerce .quantity .qty{
    width: 4.65em;
    }

It is better to change the background/color of the subset as the main tab is perfectly blending it to the page background color. Use this CSS

#subnav a {
        border: 1px solid #707070;
        background-color: #BBBBBB;
    }

Thanks!

prasadshivangi
    Participant

prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi Shivangi,

The quantity selector should be fixed now.

1. This should be fixed as well.

2. For this item, I can’t see the issue from our end. Can you please send us screenshots of how this looks from your end?

3) You can use this CSS to hide the tite/price for that page alone:

.archive.tax-product_cat.term-above-cloud-9.term-248 .woocommerce-LoopProduct-link h3 {
        display: none;
    }

.archive.tax-product_cat.term-above-cloud-9.term-248 .woocommerce-LoopProduct-link .price{
        display: none;
    }

4) The shop is slightly independent from the them and it has its own layout controls which should be under Appearance > Theme Options >Woocommerce

If you will check the page, the layout is set to fullwidth with no sidebar, that is why your sidebars are not working.

Thanks!

prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi Shivangi,

I’d be glad to help you on this but moving forward, all the items except 4 and 6 are issues with BuddyPress’ layout and not with the theme. It is best to coordinate with them for any issues with their pages.

To address the concerns:
    1. Though this is an issue with Buddypress, This should now be fixed.

2. I do not see this issue from our end. Can you please specify and elaborate or send us screenshots?

3 Please coordinate with Budypress’ support regarding this item,

4. I do not see any duplicate archives. Please clear your browser cache and if the issue persists please specify and elaborate on the issue or send us screenshots of the issue.

5. Please coordinate with Budypress’ support regarding this item,

6. This should now be fixed.

Thanks!

prasadshivangi
    Participant

prasadshivangi
    Participant

prasadshivangi
    Participant

The issues for which screenshot was provided has been resolved. Request you to revert in the rest of the issues.

Hi Shivangi,

I do not see any ‘spinner’ from our end on your homepage. Can you please specify which part of the page you are seeing this and send us screenshots? The same goes for the cover image on the video

The duplicate “Archives” should now be fixed. Please check and confirm from your end.

How wide do you want the calendar to look? Can you send us a screenshot or mockup so we can try to adjust it based on that?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.