Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Issues with image size on different devices

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • GreenGoatFilms
    Participant

I’ve just finished creating my site: http://www.richardosbornept.co.uk

Each page has a parallax image at the top with the page title and some text overlaid, and then the rest of the page below.

It seems that the image is fixed to the right hand side, and doesn’t scale down when viewed on different devices, so on the iMac I used to design it, it looks great, but on a laptop, it’s slightly squashed, and on tablets and phones you don’t see any of the image at all.

I think a lot of the problem is that I couldn’t find a way to edit the image, or anything about the image without going into the code- there didn’t seem to be anything about it in the VC.

Any ideas would be amazing. Thank you 🙂

Hi @greengoatfilms

Can you please send over your WP login credentials so we can check further on this from our end?

Regards,

GreenGoatFilms
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @greengoatfilms

The image is actually trying to occupy all available vertical space that needs to be covered.

If it scales down to show most of the image, then your content will overlap it. For example on your first row, you have a lot of text. Thus on mobile, the image will need to occupy the space all these texts occupy. Stretching out the image will not look good, that is why the theme is designed to trim the width based on the occupied height.

Regards,

GreenGoatFilms
    Participant

OK thanks for that.

The problem I’m having is that if I get rid of the text, surely the image would be very thin as it’s not trying to occupy the space of the text? If I put the text below the image (or maybe just keep the one word title in the image) is there anyway of the image working on both types of viewing devices?

Thanks again,

Rich

Hi Rich,

If you eliminate the text or put the text below the image, then you can definitely show the whole image on mobile as you can set a row height to the row.

You can try it now to see how the image will behave and we can check on it after.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.