Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Item Redeclared in page-constants.php

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Richard Harding
    Participant

I am using Dynamix 4.3 with the Dynamix Child Theme 1.0

The following error is displayed in the footer of all pages in my website. (www.wisenutritioncoaching.com.au) The error has not always been present.

===================================================================================================
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare r2323f3() (previously declared in
    /clientdata/apache-www/w/i/wisenutritioncoaching.com.au/www/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/page-constants.php:1) in
    /clientdata/apache-www/w/i/wisenutritioncoaching.com.au/www/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/page-constants.php on line 1
    ===================================================================================================

I have copied a backup of the wordpress site to my local machine and the footer displays perfectly.

What can I do to fix this error?
    Thank you
    Richard Harding

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

You ideally need to update to DynamiX 5.1.1, you can find the latest BETA version here: http://acoda.com/forums/topic/dynamix-5-1-1-beta/

Once you’ve updated, you’ll need to update Visual Composer too – see here: http://acoda.com/troubleshooting-guide/

Richard Harding
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thank you. I downloaded version 5.1.1. I cannot find instructions on how to install it. I did find a Readne.txt file but it was referring to Tersus. Is that relevant?

Also, I have seen a comment regarding Custom skins. I am using a custom skin. Is this likely to be an issue?

Richard

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Please see here for updating DynamiX ( no idea why the readme.txt is for Terso, I’ll fix that ). http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/

if you’re using the BETA, please update using the FTP method.

I believe your skins will be fine, that was more from DynamiX 2 to 3.

Richard Harding
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I installed 5.1.1 BETA.

When I go to my website (www.wisenutritioncoaching.com.au), I receive the message:

=================
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare custom_excerpt() (previously declared in
    /clientdata/apache-www/w/i/wisenutritioncoaching.com.au/www/wp-content/plugins/testimonials-solution/index.php:87) in
    /clientdata/apache-www/w/i/wisenutritioncoaching.com.au/www/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/functions.php on line 106
    =================

This is the only thing that is appearing on the webpage.

I changed custom_excerpt to custom_excerptX which appears twice in functions.php. It does not appear to be in any other files.

My website is now appearing with the additional feature of a white window with a red close button on the left of the window. This appears at the top of my webpage.

Everything else on the webpage appears to be OK AND the footer is now appearing correctly.

THANK YOU.

What is new window and how can I remove it?

Richard Harding

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

It’s not that it’s mentioned twice within the theme, it’s because this plugin “testimonials-solution” is using the same function name.

I can’t seem to see the “white window” you’re mentioning. Do you have a screenshot you can share please?

Richard Harding
    Participant

Hi Andy,

The white window at the top of each webpage has now disappeared which is great. That will probably remain a mystery. For future reference, how do I attach a screenshot to the forum message?

Yes, it appears that the function custom_excerpt has been added to the 5.1.1 BETA version of the Dynamix theme. I was hoping that you could change the function name so it does not conflict with an existing plugin. Otherwise, I ( mostly likely others as well) will be having an issue with Dynamix each time the theme is updated.

OR is there some other mechanism to avoid this problem in the future?

Richard Harding

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

No problem, I’ll change this for the official release, which is due out any day now 🙂

Richard Harding
    Participant

Hi Andy,

<<No problem, I’ll change this for the official release, which is due out any day now >>

That is great – thank you.

The white window that I referred to earlier relates to the Custom Header. Since upgrading from 4.3 to 5.1.1, the search box on each webpage has an orange drop down arrow next to it. If I click on the drop down arrow, a white window which takes up the full browser window appears. (I do not know how to send a screen shot.)

I can add a label next to the drop down arrow by entering text into the Header Custom Field in Theme Options. It appears like a useful feature but at the moment it is something of an inconvenience. Is there any documentation relating to Customer Headers, Introduction Text, Exit Text features?

My website is wisenutritioncoaching.com.au.

Richard Harding

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Do you require the Drop Panel? It is supposed to drop down and you add content to it via Appearance > Widgets > Drop Panel. If you don’t require the drop down, you can switch it off via Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Display Drop Panel .

Richard Harding
    Participant

Wonderful – thank you Andy.

Richard Harding

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.