Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / It’s Almost Christmas, so…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Jimmy Harmon
    Participant
    I have a little request. It's a small one too.

I've always had in my previous templates a way to change the template colors based on a specific time of year… A date based template.

For example, from October 1st through October 31st, I used to be able to have a specific CSS header that showed a Halloween theme.

From Novermber 1st through November 31st, it would show a Thanksgiving theme and from December 1st until December 27th, it was all about Christmas!

I'm sure you get the idea.

I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate this with the Dynamix theme and where I would put my code. In the Header somewhere?

Also, any thoughts and opinions about adding this as a future update would be great. Having a business website, I like to show certain content at certain times of the year. One good example would be our offering special discounts for military veterans around Veterans Day and Memorial Day.

Any help on this would be great!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jimmy,

You're in luck! I've just literally just released DynamIX 2.8.7 which allows you to add a custom theme using the "Skin Settings" page -> Custom Skin + options. You can upload your own image and choose your own header/footer colours. I'll be putting a tutorial together for this over the next day or so. 

Jimmy Harmon
    Participant

Andy… You're awesome!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.