Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Jquery breaking with job manager plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Grype
    Participant

Hi,

The theme’s jquery accordions break with the wp job manager plugin. Can you help?

Does it need to call wp_enqueue_script( ‘jquery’ ) instead of loading it’s own library?

Thanks,
    Farhad

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

What version of DynamiX are you using?

ThinkNoodle
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’m having a similar problem with the mTouch Quiz plug-in

The author has fixed this on my theme install

FYI here’s what he said…

You will have problems with every plugin or service that includes jquery. Your theme has a nonstandard inclusion of jquery that breaks when a script requires jquery. You may ask your support with your theme that they properly register jquery so that other plugins that require jquery won’t “reinclude” it.

I had to edit my plugin files to not include jquery and then your tabs and my plugin work. If you ever upgrade my plugin, you’ll have to manually remove jquery again!

They are including jquery themselves, but in a nonstandard way inside another script.

G. Michael Guy

Hope this helps

Matt

Grype
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick reply, where do I find the version?

Thanks,
    Farhad

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Farhad, you can find the version under Appearance -> Themes.

Matt, what version are you using 2.7.5 loads the jquery safely.

ThinkNoodle
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’m on version 2.7.5 – but upgraded from earier versions…

If I removed the theme and did a clean reinstall, would I loose all of the theme settings?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No, you wouldn’t lose the theme settings – but tobe honest I’d wait a few days as I’m going to release another update and it’s probably best to wait (unless you really want to, doesn’t take that long to change over themes).

🙂

Grype
    Participant

My theme says 2.7. We need to fix this as soon as possible. What would you suggest we do? We have some custom work done on the theme. We hardcoded a different slider in the home page, not through a short code.

Farhad

ThinkNoodle
    Participant

Ok I’ll sit tight, it’s all working OK for me now anyway.
    Cheers
    Matt

Matt Cheney
    Participant

Will this update fix the issues I'm having with the Wishlist membership plugin and a testimonial plugin that relys on JQuery?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Yes it most probably will. 🙂

Grype
    Participant

Hi,

So I re-downloaed he Dynamix theme from themeforest. Is there a way to confirm that it is the latest version before applying it to our WP installation?

Thanks,

Farhad

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

Farhad

open style.css its at the top

Grype
    Participant

oh great, thanks!

Iain Sweatman
    Participant

Is there any resolution to this jquery jobmanager issue? I can't seem to figure this one out and have been stuck on it for a few days now.

How was this one resolved? I have the exact same issue (using the latest vesion of wp and dynamix, both updated as of this past monday)

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.