Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / jQuery breaks with Job Manager plugin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Iain Sweatman
    Participant

First off, i know there is a related post in the forum already, which was resolved.

However, i can't figure it out despite my best efforts and scouring the web for answers. My problem is with the Job Manager plugin, jQuery, and Dynamix. The three don't seem to play nice together (oddly, job manager hardly utilizes jQuery outside of a few lines of code pertaining to a date picker).

I've read that jQuery needs to be called using its non conflict method and or by some other method than the $ variable.

I have seached all the dynamix files with notepad++ for jquery and tried changing its variable to jQuery() in replace of the $ with the same end result – the fancy features of Dynamix break down with Job Manager enabled. Also, the functions.php seems to queue up jQuery properly.

Can you assist with this one? I am using the latest versions of WP, Dynamix, and Job Manager and have verified no other plugins are contributing to the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Iain

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi lain,

Can you post a link – I'll be able to see the error then. Some plugins do not register and de-register jquery properly and that's normally where the issue stems from. 

Iain Sweatman
    Participant

Hey Andy, im going to PM you our log-in credentials and a link to the site.

I've put it into maintenance mode and have activated the Job Manager plug-in

Thanks Andy

David
    Participant

We have the same issue if you find a solution. 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

I'm looking into this one – it's a strange jQuery issue, I'm going to download the plugin and try to see why it's causing the issues it. 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I've found the issue – I'm placing the fix into 2.8.8

Iain Sweatman
    Participant

Well done Andy, i couldn't find the problem (spent 6-8 hours over a few days hunting). You sir, are a ninja.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Haha, I'm tempted to put this on my testimonials on the DynamiX demo site. 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.