Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / JQuery code doesn't exist – affects PayPal?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Joe
    Participant

I’m trying to get PayPal to work on my site, but the registration page simply reloads. When I asked the developer of the plugin about it, he responded with –

Looking at your site I can see that you have an error relating to jQuery. According to the Google Chrome code inspector the file you are trying to load for your jQuery doesn’t exist:

• GET http://allaboutchile.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-1.10.2.min.map 404 (Not Found)
  • This is likely the cause of your problem. Can you tweak your settings (likely in your theme header) to use a more reliable source for jQuery, such as the one built into WordPress (recommended), or one hosted by Google, then try again?

Is this related to the theme, or should I be looking elsewhere? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

We are getting a lot of people with this problem and pinpointed the issue to the latest version of WordPress. I guess you are on the latest version of WP? 3.6? See here for the official report.

At the moment it looks like we need to wait for the next version to come out to fix this issue. But it should not affect the plugin, if you check the console in Safari, the error does not appear.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

My biggest concern is the loop I’m getting. According to the developer of the plugin, this is keeping me from being able to use PayPal, because visitors click on the payment button, only to have the page refreshed.

I’ve read through the link you sent. Can you point me to where I find this “line 2” they refer to? I’ve found the filepath, I thought, but can’t find anything like what I’ve pasted above.

Thanks again,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

It looks like they are saying locate these lines,

/*! jQuery v1.10.2 | (c) 2005, 2013 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license
    //@ sourceMappingURL=jquery-1.10.2.min.map
    */

and replace with

/*! jQuery v1.10.2 | (c) 2005, 2013 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license */

It isn’t recommended as you are playing with the core files but if the developer thinks it will help then try it out.
    I would recommend taking a backup of your site before hand just incase.

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.