Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / jQuery UI – Radio Buttons

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Leander
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to replace radio buttons with images and add a jQuery hover effect. I’ve already replaced the radio buttons with images but I get stuck when it comes to jQuery. I found the following
    <script>
    $(function() { $(“#radio”).buttonset(); });
    </script>
    on jqueryui.com and have been told that I need to make sure my theme includes the jquery ui script and style sheets. I’ve also learned that WordPress contains by default some jQuery UI source files but I don’t now how to ‘load’ them. Inserting

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.8.2.js"></script>

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.9.1/jquery-ui.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/resources/demos/style.css" />
    in the header.php file didn’t worked.

If this is outside of the scope of what you do here, I apologize.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Theme loads jQuery UI by default (remove the references to loading the scripts, this will cause conflict), all you should need is to place the code into the Custom HTML box in Header Settings but change to the following:

<script>
    jQuery(function() { jQuery("#radio").buttonset(); });
    </script>

Are you sure this is the right ID #radio?

Leander
    Participant

Hi,
    you’re the best! Worked, as expected, instantly.
    If I wanted to change the jQuery UI style, do I need to change the jQuery UI source files? And if so, where can I find them?

Currently, I get something like this:

but I’d like to put each “box” to another.
    I actually feel ashamed for asking this, as this has not something to do with Dynamixx.

Leander
    Participant

*anything

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what would control the styling, you’ll probably have to create some custom CSS, have you watched the CSS customisation screencast?

I can’t really extend my support to cover customisations, I’m looking at introducing a new paid service to help with CSS tweaks etc, is this something that you maybe interested in in the future, I’m just gauging interest at the moment?

Leander
    Participant

I’d definitely be interested, but I’d also add a freelance service for (dynamix) customizations as probably a lot of people don’t want to invest to much time in programming but in things they’re already good at

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’ve organised a meeting this week with someone who will do exactly that, set up sites, customise etc. 🙂

Leander
    Participant

Sounds great. You should inform everyone who ever purchased on of your themes via email!

Leander
    Participant

If this works* 😀

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I will, hopefully it will free up my time to focus on development 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.