Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Justification & Length Inconsistencies in the last element of a row

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • The Denovati Group
    Participant

We’ve had some issues with the last element of the row losing / giving weird formatting. For example on

http://denovati.com/2013/05/we-are-the-denovati the last line This post was originally published on May 22, 2013. It was updated on June 2, 2013. was justifying to the right. At one point we added

[class*="column"] + [class*="column"]:last-child,
    .columns:last-child,
    .columns.right.last,
    .columns.shortcode.last {
    float: left;
    }

To the Edit CSS to force the justification to the left. However now there are times we’d like to have the last element be centered. On http://denovati.com/smart-resources/ the only way to force the red text to be centered was to add a divider element right after the text. However this is not optimal.

Similarly, there are issues with accordions. If you view http://denovati.com/smart-resources-conceptual-guidance you’ll notice that the accordions are at varying lengths. The top accordion is the last element of its row and is only as long as the longest header title. The other two accordions have dividers after them and therefore stretch the length of the page. Is there a way to stretch the accordions without dividers? Or at least get a consistent formatting?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have just tested this on my dev site with the latest versions and it seems to be working as it should. If you have a full width page, the accordion will fill it. If you split a row into 3 with an accordion in the middle, it will be 1/3 of the width.

Maybe try updating to the latest Visual Composer if you haven’t already.

Go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Purple box, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

Our Visual Composer is at 3.7.3, although 3.7.4 has been released. I followed your instructions to update and 3.7.3 was reinstalled, not 3.7.4.

The accordions on that page are all in one column rows so that is not the problem. Also, this does not answer the question as to why the last element of a row right justified unless I added the CSS code.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If the update to VC didn’t fix it, please can you provide your login details so I can take a further look into this as I cannot re-create this on my test site.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The CSS that you have added mentioned in the first post will not work in some browsers and needs to be removed so it does not conflict.

3.7.4 is not available for this version yet, the next version will be available in the next update to DynamiX.

It is to do with CSS floats, that is what the clear divider is for. It stops the float from carrying on. The float right is needed for full browser compatibility, float left is not a great idea so I recommend the custom. Any issue like this try using a clear divider and it should fix it.

I have added one below your accordion and it has fixed the float issue.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.