Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / JW Player

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
  • testarosax2
    Participant

– I’ve been all through the forum and tried everything related and quadruple checked, but I can’t get JW Player to work – it’s just not there and I don’t know what else to try.

It seems to be renaming the files with an _ or 1 at the end after it’s uploaded to the media library, but I’m using exactly the path that the media library is showing.   Can you tell me what else I can try?

Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are using 2.0.1+, all you need to do is use the JW Player WordPress plugin.

If you are using an earlier version, you need to upload the JW Player 5 file to the admin

Please see the Dynamix Documentation about how to install JW Player for each version.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

testarosax2
    Participant

I installed the plug in.  I see the player on the page, but it says file not found.  I’m using the same slide set with the same video as I did for 3D video which worked fine so, the video/slide set is definitely there.  But the error I get on the JW Player on the page is “Error Loading media: File not found”

testarosax2
    Participant

Okay!  I added a JW playlist, when I create a slideset and pick the playlist I created, it hangs there at “add an image” screen and never goes away.

So I have the playlist created, I am adding the playlist to my slideset…. hangs on a blank add an image screen.  I’ve let it hang for 15 minutes and it never stops hanging ont the blank add an image screen.   I don’t know any other way to add the playlist to the slideset.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Cori

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Cori,

I think the latest version of JW Player has an issue with the media library again, they had it a couple of versions ago, resolved it and now the latest version is broken again. Try contacting JW player to see what they suggest.

testarosax2
    Participant

I contacted them, they said there is no issue with it.  When I installed the plugin, not only does jw player playlist hang from the media library but ALL media hangs when trying to insert from library now.  I deactivated JW Player and it still hangs even trying to insert an image.

Do you have any suggestions or will doing the upgrade possibly rectify this?  If so, can you give me the link to the update instructions?

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve tested this and I can’t replicate the issue, can you post your WP login details ( click the Set as private reply ) and I’ll try to see what is happening.

It maybe worth de-activating the theme and re-activating it to see if that works, I only suggest this, because I was having the issue and now it’s resolved again.

testarosax2
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

testarosax2
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

testarosax2
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I thought you were using the latest version of DynamiX, that explains why now.

Use this version of the JW player to configure JW player to work with the theme.

http://help.northvantage.co.uk/docs/dynamix/jw-player-configuration/

If you want to embed shortcodes with jw player, you may have to remove the theme setup version.

testarosax2
    Participant

Originally I did do JW Player using that version and instructions and the controls were there, but no video played.  So I went with the plugin version.

Where is the link to instructions to upgrade to the latest version of DynamiX?

I cannot wait to try it out and maybe that will fix all my JW Player woes.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It will definitely fix your JW player woes – all you need with the new version is the jw player 6 plugin for wordpress. See here for upgrading:

http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/

They are vastly different and some tweaks maybe required, however it will be worth it in the end 😉

testarosax2
    Participant

thank you sir!

Upgrading now!

Are you doing additional training videos for the new version?  One of the big reasons I bought this theme is your accent 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.