Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Larger footer = heavy load?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • 5ngua
    Participant

Hi,
    I already know that content like images, widgets can make the pages heavier. But I am not sure only a large footer can slow down the site because I do not know how the footer is rendered.

This is a theory, suppose we add this content to the footer and nothing else:

Now we will get a very large footer, but actually the content is only a small string of numbers. Do you think that large footer would extremely slow down the website?

Can you get what I am saying? )#(*#@$@#_@!#P*#@

I am talking about DynamiX of course 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t know what you mean, what do you have in your footer? Do you have a link so i can see what you mean?

5ngua
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Please comment on the footer of this site . As you can see, it only contains a very simple string of numbers/characters. The content is very small, only about 1 kb. In theory, this small content makes no sense to the site loading time. But infact footer is very large…, I imagine if it was an image, it would make the pages very heavy…

5ngua
    Participant

it short, I want to ask: Does large footer but with small content make the pages heavy. Thank you.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

That should not affect the load time much at all, if you were to have 4 different galleries all loading up 20 images each then that would start to affect things slightly.

You should be fine with what you have.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.