Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / LayerSlider problem with cache system (WP Super Cache)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • te-deum
    Participant

Hello,

I use Dynamix for a website and when I put the website online, I experienced problem with LayerSlider. The problem is that no image is loaded.

The problem come from the cache system that I use ! In fact, the cache system preload pages, so no php code have to be executed to generate a page. This is fine for performance but not for Dynamix that use Session value for LayerSlider !!

To solve the problem, I change some files for having the page id from URL instead of Session value if no Session value is initialized.

Change inside /lib/inc/gallery-piecemaker.php (around line 21) :

flashvars: { xmlSource: “<?php bloginfo(‘template_url’); ?>/lib/inc/piecemakerXML.php?page_id=<?php echo $page_id; ?>”,cssSource: “<?php bloginfo(‘template_url’); ?>/stylesheets/piecemaker.php?page_id=<?php echo $page_id; ?>” }

Change inside /lib/inc/piecemakerXML.php (around line 4) :

if($_SESSION)    $page_id = $_SESSION;
    elseif(isset($_GET))    $page_id = $_GET;

Change inside /stylesheets/piecemaker.php (around line 5) :

if($_SESSION)    $page_id = $_SESSION;
    elseif(isset($_GET))    $page_id = $_GET;

If you can include these changes so I don’t have to maintain modification myself 🙂

Regards.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I did originally use this method, however passing variables via the URL isn’t recommended, so I changed it and that obviously has issues with caching. I’ll take another look.

Carlos T
    Participant

The same problem here .. WP Super Cache is essential

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Carlos,

The above instructions posted by te-deum will work with WP Super Cache.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.