Home / Forums / ePix Support / Lazy Load Not Working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Nick
    Participant

I have a grid gallery via the visual composer and I set up the lazy load to load the first 10 images and then 10 images per click after that.
    It is not working.
    It is showing all of the images and then the load more button at the bottom which then does nothing.
    Here is my page: http://sylvancircle.ca/?page_id=1533

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

The “Lazy Load” only works on Slide Sets. If you’re using Posts, this will not work. The lazy load option shouldn’t show when posts are selected.

All is not lost – you can use the “Post Masonry Grid” element instead of the “Grid” and enable the “Lazy Load” feature on that, as well as the filter.

Nick
    Participant

Where do I find the Post Masonry Grid?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It’s part of the Visual Composer, click the “Add Element” and you should see it there.

Nick
    Participant

Thanks,
    I changed the posts to use the portfolio posts but still cannot get this Lazy Load to work. I put in all the proper selections to make it work in the Visual composer but it is still not working. I’m not sure if there is something conflicting here or what.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I’ve investigated this and discovered that VC requires the Portfolio post type to be registered in a certain way. Please replace the following file:

ePix/lib/adm/inc/register-post-types.php

With the following:

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/register-post-types.php.zip ( unzip )

Once you’ve replaced that, refresh the page and it should allow you to select “Portfolio” and “Porfolio Categories” from the “Data Filter” section.

Nick
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve changed over all of my posts and whatnot to now be in the slide set manager.
    I can can the lazy load to work here BUT it is not loading the gallery properly. When I click on a category and when it filters it will not show all of the images for that filter. Even if I click the load more. Some categories filter no images at all.
    I have double checked that all of my slide sets have the proper categories listed in them.
    There are 62 images I believe in total and I have it filtering 6 images at a time. Some categories only have 1 images listed under them while other categories have 6 to 8 images listed.
    I cannot keep the page like this to show you because it is live for my client. so hopefully my description is enough.

Thank you

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

How do you have the filtering set in the Slide Sets?

It’s worth posting your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

Nick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I need to take a longer look at this. I’ll be spending a bit of time on support tomorrow and will investigate more then.

Nick
    Participant

Were you able to figure anything out?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Sorry about this, I’m sure I replied to you. I believe the issue is the caching plugin. Since the scripts talks to the database to retrieve more images, the caching plugin preventing that from working properly. I’m not familiar with the caching plugin you’re using but the plugin I recommend is WP Fastest Cache and it allows you to not cache certain pages i.e. the page with Lazy load enabled.

Nick
    Participant

That’s ok. Can you specifically tell me which plug in is the one I’m currently using for cache? Maybe I’m just having an off day, but I dont see it.

Nick
    Participant

Plus the plugin you suggested said it is not allowed on the system due to performance, security, or compatibility concerns and it was automatically deactivated.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s strange, I use WP Fastest Cache a lot and I’ve never received that error.

The second choice is WP Super Cache – that appears to work with the lazy load too. I’ve switched to this plugin over the weekend as I’ve created a good config with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.