Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / LIGHTBOX HELP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • adam
    Participant

I cannot get a video to load using Lightbox.  I have tried every combination of shortcode within posts and pages as well as all options using images in the Gallery Slide Sets.  In your demo pages, you show grid galleries with videos in the lightbox.  PLEASE tell me the steps necessary to place video in a lightbox.  I run videos in my site, but cannot see how to place them in the lightbox.  There are several seemingly conflicting settings…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

What video are you trying to load into the lightbox, youtube,vimeo or jw player?

adam
    Participant

Thanks Andy, I am using youtube videos.  These videos work just fine in the website.  When I attempt to replicate your video lightbox as seen in your demo, I cannot get the image to appear with the youtube video to launch when the picture is clicked.  My best attempt results in the youtube video playing in the dialogue box without any picture showing beforehand.  I have tried using pictures and videos within the Dynamix Gallery Slide Sets as well as using Posts with the Embed feature disabled.  Also, the only option I see for enabling a video in Lightbox is using the Image Shortcode (which is not relevant as far as I can see).  The real problem for me is that I cannot put the pieces together!  I want to use the Grid Gallery to show pictures that use a youtube video in the Lightbox.  There does not seem to be a way to do this, but your demo shows it, so I know there is a way.  Please provide detailed instructions for doing this.  Thanks in advance.

adam
    Participant

Andy… Please disregard the previous post, I managed to get the LIghtbox to work!  (sort of).  The problem is that I am using a Grid Gallery to show three images, each supposed to show a separate product youtube video in each lightbox.  Unfortunately, the Lightbox for each image in the Grid Gallery shows the SAME youtube video.  I see that you can click the arrows to advance to the second and third youtube product video, however, this makes no sense.  I need each Lightbox associated with each image to show a SEPARATE youtube video.  I see that you can change the ORDER of the Lightbox video by selecting 01, 02, or 03 in the Post, however, this does not allow me to select a SEPARATE youtube video for each Lightbox.  There has to be a way to show a separate youtube video in each Lightbox associated with each photo within a Grid Gallery…Please tell me how to do this!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Adam, it should work individually – I'm wondering if a plugin is interfering? 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.