Home / Forums / ePix Support / Lightbox plugins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Tim Pogo
    Participant

Hello!
    I was just wondering if ePix supports outside lightbox plugins…namely Foobox:

Just curious, thank you!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

As long as they have the option to specify what you can lightbox, I don’t see any reason why not. The only issue is disabling the current one, you’ll need to edit a file or two.

Tim Pogo
    Participant

Hi Andy,

It appears as if they’ve got a solution for adjusting the theme to disable the current lightbox.

Looking at the very last FAQ on the page, they’ve got a little plugin called “Lightbox Killer” which should handle that manipulating of the code, but it’s not working for me. When I activate Lightbox Killer, clicking on an image in a gallery sends me straight to the URL of the image…no Foobox lightbox.

Which files need to be modified to disable the current lightbox?

Tim Pogo
    Participant

oops…the link for the plugin didn’t appear in my reply.

It’s: http://fooplugins.com/foobox/faq/

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

You can remove the following line from ePix/functions.php

wp_enqueue_script('jquery-fancybox');

Thorsten Scheel
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve got a smiliar problem. I use the above mentioned foobox lightbox, which works without a problem. My only problem is to deactive the pretty photo lightbox. I removed the line suggested above from the functions.php but things did not change. I still have foobox and pretty photo running at the same time. This is no problem for viewing, but to close the lightbox – I first need to close the foobox lightbox and then the prettyphoto lightbox underneath becomes visible, and needs to be closed, too. I also activated the “killer function” in foobox to remove other lightboxes, but did not help.
    This happen only in the galleries with the “justified image grid” – see here: http://www.gruene-linse.de/galerie/tiere/
    Any idea how this can be resolved?
    Thanks a lot!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

If you reset your browser cache after editing the functions.php file does this solve this issue? It sounds like the browser is still caching an old copy of your site, hence the duplication.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thorsten Scheel
    Participant

Hello Tom,
    I reset the browser cache but no difference. Does your suggestion mean, if you follow the link I posted you don’t have two lightbox open if you click on an image in the galleries?
    Cheers,
    Thorsten

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

The theme does not use pretty photo, please check the plugins that you are using to see if they are using them. I don’t see a problem with your site? Did you fix the issue?

Very cool effect on your grid gallery by the way!

Tom

Thorsten Scheel
    Participant

Hello Tom,
    so I think it must be something with the “Justifed image grid”-gallery plugin which uses the foobox lightbox. In the plugin settings I’ve already choosen foobox, but that didn’t prevent the pretty photo lightbox to open. When I wrote in the call of the gallery once more “lightbox=foobox” then it worked. Not logical to me, but thanks for having a look into it!
    Cheers,
    Thorsten

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.