Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Linking to an external website’s URL from an image or lightbox in a gallery?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Kevin Amter
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Apologies if this is a repost or in the documentation, but I gone through all and have watched the instructional vid #2 a bunch of times.

Seems quite simple to link a video to a lightbox from an image in the accordion, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to link to an external URL.

How can I add a link to an external URL when someone clicks on the lightbox image or just the image in the accordion?

Thank you for you help.

Kevin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You can have the video within a lightbox by enabling lightbox on the gallery. But to open in a new window, I'm not sure what you mean ?

Kevin Amter
    Participant

Oh no, I understand how to have video work within the lightbox on the gallery.

That was made very clear and simply on you tutorial video.

I'm trying to have an image link to an external URL, another website that is not a video, open a new web browser page either from a lightbox gallery or from an image in a gallery.

Example:

In your tutorial, instead of having the iPad image link to a video how could you make it link to apple.com/ipad instead?

Clicking on the iPad image in the gallery would open a new browser page leaving the Dynamix site, as it would not open in lightbox.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The problem is the opening in a new window – you can add the URL fine in the Gallery Slide Set or Post options, but currently no option to open in a new tab/window. 

Another user is asking for this also, I'm going to see if I can squeeze it into the next update. 

Kevin Amter
    Participant

Actually your previous comment just clicked something I missed in one of your tuts, so I added a slide gallery and now have the results I was looking for.

It would be an solid addition to have that option when just adding an image.

DynamiX 2.8.3? Excellent.

Alex M
    Participant

I just wanted to add.. i too am in anticipation of the blank_target for gallery urls.  🙂 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alex in the later versions you can just add the text target_blank in the CSS classes field and it will open in a new window. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.