Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Malware query

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Martin Griffin
    Participant

Hi there,
    123-reg have shut down one our WP sites running Dynamix. They have said:
    ‘There appears to be malicious code injected in the following file: ./wp-content/themes/DynamiX/header.php Please can you replace this file or explain the purpose of the code.’
    The file has already been replaced from a clean back-up. Any ideas?
    Martin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

What version of the theme was being used? That shouldn’t happen unless it was an older version ( there was a Revolution Slider flaw about a year ago ).

The other flaw was in an image resizing script ( timthumb ). However, this was removed a couple of years back.

Martin Griffin
    Participant

It was an older version of Dynamix. Unfortunately I can’t tell you which one as I can’t get into the back-end! Can I tell from the files I have backed up?
    I was hoping to update the theme once I was allowed by in.
    Could I load via ftp the latest version of Dynamix?
    Martin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Yes, I would upload via FTP, depending on what version it was, you may have to make some changes for it to display fully. Things like re-selecting the Gallery datasource etc.

As long as you didn’t modify the core theme, it should be fairly straight forward.

You can tell what version it is by going to DynamiX/style.css and it should say the version number at the top.

Martin Griffin
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    OK, it was 3.0.4.
    123-reg are still refusing to let the site go live due to some coding in the header.php file. So have wiped the Dynamix folder and upload the latest version.
    Let’s see what they say now.
    Martin

Martin Griffin
    Participant

Hi again,

OK, we are back in, but I can’t get VC to install. Any suggestions?
    Martin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

Usually when VC can’t install is when there is a Child Theme active. If that’s the case, switch back to the main theme and then activate / install the plugin. If that’s not the case, one more thing is that the wordpress memory might be too low. http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

If you’re still experiencing issues, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

Martin Griffin
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    All up and running now. I finally uploaded VC via ftp.
    Cheers

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s great Martin, I’m glad it’s all sorted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.