Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Map in the Drop Panel Bug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
  • Giovanni Sasso
    Participant

When I try to put a map in the drop Panel (column 1) it doesn’t center in the box, so the map is viewable partially.

I tried two different widget with the same result (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-google-maps/ and http://wordpress.org/plugins/comprehensive-google-map-plugin/)

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try setting the drop down panel to 1 column within Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Drop Down Panel > 1 column.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Giovanni Sasso
    Participant

It’s the same.
    Here a screenshot
    screenshot

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have you tried going to Google maps, copying the code and pasting it into a text widget? Sorry I thought you were doing it that way.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Giovanni Sasso
    Participant

Yes Tom.
    It’s the same.
    It seems the center is not “centered”. Try yourself with a google map link with a marker (e.g :<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://www.google.it/maps?sll=41.863188099999405,12.460369378647032&sspn=0.007822983145596365,0.020601119533962067&t=m&q=Via+Leonardo+Greppi,+14,+Roma+RM&dg=opt&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Via+Leonardo+Greppi,+14,+Roma,+Lazio&z=14&ll=41.863188,12.46038&output=embed"></iframe>, so it’s easier to “view” where the center is positioned.

Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have a link to your site so we can take a look at this in more detail please? Be sure to set your reply as private so that only we can see your reply.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Giovanni Sasso
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately the login you’ve provided does not allow us into the admin itself.

Strange you’re having this issue, we’ve been working with some google maps in the drop panel and it doesn’t display this issue, it was using the visual composer version.

Giovanni Sasso
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    now your login grants the backend access.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Now I can not access the Appearance > Widgets area?

Giovanni Sasso
    Participant

Yes you can.
    Can you retry?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can see it now, I’ve done some testing – the plugin you’re using isn’t suited to use within jQuery elements i.e. the drop panel. You get better results using the Visual Composer Map, I’ve left it in the widget for you to see.

I’m not sure why it’s not centering on the pin – it works within post absolutely fine, I’ll need to do some more testing.

Giovanni Sasso
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    I followed your guidelines but the result is the same.
    As you can see now the pin is always on the left, hidden in the normal view till you pan the map to the left.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Giovanni,

I’ve thrown everything at this, it will not center the pin, it’s because it’s within a jQuery call to reveal the top panel. As soon as you take away the function of the top panel “appearing down”, it works, but obviously that takes away the function of the drop panel.

It appears to be an issue between jQuery and Google Maps in general.

Giovanni Sasso
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    thanks for your time.
    So there’s no way to have a maps (other than a static image) in the drop panel?
    This question because you wrote you were successfully putting a gmap in the drop panel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.