Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Masive UpGrade Issues

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Lilly
    Participant

Hello,

Just Upgrade to the latest version of DynamiX and DynamiX Child running WP 3.6 I have some major issues with the theme.
    Menu Is totally wigging out. Pages Posts Content and Comments are all out of alignment Nothing is working properly and I mean nothing.
    Revolution Slider I get an error Message when installing it
    (Downloading install package from /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/97690/domains/blognostics.net/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX-Child/lib/adm/inc/revslider/revslider.zip…
    Download failed. A valid URL was not provided.)

Theme Options none of the tabs work
    General, Footer, Header, Blog, Social Media, Customize, Getting Started
    when you click on them nothing loads.

I have removed ever plugin from the site in the hopes that one of them was the causing the problem.
    the only plugin that I have running still is envato Tool Kit and Ready Comming Soon which I am not going to remove do to the site looking the way it does at the moment.

I have removed the theme and reinstalled it VIA FTP but I continued to have the same issues as before..

Your help in resolving these issues is greatly needed. : (
    I will be glad to set up permission for you on the site to have a look see if you would be so kind as tell me where I can email you credentials.

I placed some screen shots in dropbox
    here is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6zk8h2b8mzzidju/Bn43BbOb9A

Thank You in advance for you assistance to this matter.

Jessica

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jessica,

My initial thought is that it hasn’t full uploaded ( could be a FTP client issue ) or you have some serious browser caching. Have you tried installing via the Envato plugin?

See here: http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/

Lilly
    Participant

I have tried both methods of uploading the new theme Using the new Envato plugin as well as my ftp (fetch)

I will uninstall the theme and try once again. I will let you know the results

thank you for getting back to me Andy.

Jess

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jess,

How did it go? Can you just confirm you’re switching to the core theme and upgrading?

Lilly
    Participant

Andy,

Just tried using envato toolkit received the following warning message

Warning: require_once(/nfs/c06/h04/mnt/97690/domains/blognostics.net/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX-Child/functions-buddypress.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/97690/domains/blognostics.net/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/functions.php on line 610

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/nfs/c06/h04/mnt/97690/domains/blognostics.net/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX-Child/functions-buddypress.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php-5.3.26/share/pear’) in /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/97690/domains/blognostics.net/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/functions.php on line 610

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jess,

As I mentioned earlier, you have to switch to the core theme ( non-child ) > upgrade > switch back. I hope that helps?

Lilly
    Participant

Andy it did help sorry I did not get back to you sooner…

thank you
    Jess

Eduard Klainer
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry to bring up a (rather) old thread however I’m experiencing the EXACT SAME problem as Lilly did before me with the Theme options page showing all the tabs but clicking them opens nothing.
    Since I’m experiencing something exactly the same as Lilly did, it’s very likely there’s a script error somewhere, maybe you guys could kindly take a look at?
    I’m running WP 3.8 with Dynamix 3.2.1 on my website http://www.thebinarygame.com
    Nothing I do seems to help :\ Please advise.

I just reinstalled the theme today and it took me a long time to have it just the way I like it, I really don’t want to start from scratch.

Also, please note that I believe that this error showed up following tweaking I did in the “Customize” window.
    (Was playing around with the Header options, specifically changing the image) – if this helps any.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Eduard

P.S. Tried Lilly’s approach to the fix with by switching the core theme (Not Child) – didn’t work. In the Envato page, I didn’t have an update option anywhere… ( I assume since I have the latest version )

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If the Theme Options are not showing, it sounds like you have a plugin confliction. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Eduard Klainer
    Participant

Hi Tom,

You’re a GOD SEND!! 🙂
    I’m so happy I bought this theme!!!
    You were absolutely correct – I thought I’d share which plugin was at fault:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-webmaster/

I can live without it but it’s important you make people aware of it, since it’s a widely used plugin and a very annoying bug.
    Maybe a fix in later addition is advisable as well.

Thanks a lot once again and especially for the super fast reaction time – you guys ROCK!!!

Best,
    Eduard

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you solved the issue.

Have a good day!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.