Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Mega menu options

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi guys,

any suggestions on the best way to achieve a good looking mega menu with Dynamix?

ideally something like this http://meteor.ie/ ( if you click on ‘shop’ for example)

Cheers

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

You can use the extended menu for DynamiX that can be viewed on the demo here under Features, but if you want anymore menu columns you will have to use a plugin of some sort.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hey Tom,

thanks for coming back mate. Probably a silly question, but are their directions for that extended menu with the three columns?

Also, does the Ubermenu plugin work well with Dynamix?

Also Tom, I’m having a small problem with the responsiveness of the theme. When I set the responsiveness to off, the site doesn’t automatically fit itself on a smartphone screen, and it just shows like the top quarter. The problem is, when I put responsiveness on, the mobile view is pretty bad, and only displays the pages in columns.

Is there any way to specifically tell Dynamix that I just want the home page show everything (ie, like it would be on a regular monitor window)? I don’t mind that smartphone users will have to zoom in themselves, but I want them to see the whole page width initially rather than the poor resposnsive view ( as the home page is built on columns, and things like the tables in the middle get split up)

If you look at freebetcity.com on a mobile you’ll see what I mean.

Thanks again Tom for all help

Jennifer Bailey
    Participant

I have the same question – how do you create that cool mega menu with 3 columns?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can view more information about the extended menu in the documentation here.

@Jim,

To make the site zoom out on the iPhone remove this line of code via header.php, Appearance > Editor > header.php.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />

That is how the responsive is supposed to be, it is much easier for users to read instead of zooming out.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thanks for coming back on this for me a few weeks ago.

Quick question- is there any way to configure exactly how the mobile view comes up on a phone? Or will it always just come up as the first column and then the second and so forth?

thanks again

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Without chopping and changing a lot of code it is not possible to alter the mobile view but you are correct that the columns appear in order.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.