Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / mega menu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • m_holz24
    Participant

I purchased Dynamix this week. Its a nice theme. Could you explaine how to build a mega menu? With html-attribute? I need to put in title, images, links and descriptions. The mega menu should take the whole screen-width. Is this possible? Thanks for helping!

Hi @m_holz24

Extended (mega) menu can be activated by adding a menu class.

To enable this feature, make sure the user has ‘WordPress Custom Menus’ enabled. If unsure, navigate to ‘Header Settings’ and find ‘WordPress Custom Menus’ and enable it.

After this, navigate to Apperance ? Menus.

Click on ‘Screen Options’ at the top right of the page and check the box for ‘CSS Classes’. Close ‘Screen Options’

To enable Extended Menus, click on a top menu and add in the correct text, as stated below. CSS Classes can only be added to the top menus.

By default there is 1 column. By adding in the text extended-menu this enables a full-width menu. Each child menu item you add under this menu item will act as a column.

More information about the setup is here: http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/wordpress-custom-menu-extended-menu/

Thanks!

m_holz24
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for helping. I already read the post you send me. I know with CSS Classes “extended-menu” I can build columns with description. Is it possible to add images and links to these columns? Like html code? Could you send me perhaps an example. Thanks!

Hi @m_holz24

You can add image shortcodes as description and this adds the image to the menu. If you can send over your site’s URL and login credentials, I can create one as an example

Thanks!

m_holz24
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks! But I need more possibilities.
    So I decided to use UberMenu plugin for building my mega menu.
    I hope I get it done with it.

Alright, @m_holz24!

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

m_holz24
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @m_holz24

What is the behavior that you were expecting from the menu? Have you tried disabling plugins to check if any of them is causing the issue?

Please send over your login credentials as well so we can check on this further.

Regards.

m_holz24
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Glad they’ve helped you on this, @m_holz24

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.