Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Sharon Alder
    Participant

I have just upgraded to 2.8.8 version via ftp. Now the menu doesn't display properly.  I have never had an issue with the theme since building the website – 8 months ago. 

Hope someone can help. 

Thanks in advance.

Sharon Alder
    Participant

I have just figured out that it is W3 Total Cache plugin that is making this happen. When I deactivate it the menu returns to normal. Unfortunately that means the site is slower. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bastiaan Vogel
    Participant

You should empty your caches, then you could use the W3 Total Cache plugin again.

Sharon Alder
    Participant

I emptied all caches and activated the plugin again but the same thing happens. The menu loses formatting. I have done this a few times and the menu will only display when the plugin is deactivated.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sharon,

Something is definitely still caching. Do you have a link to your site? 

The reason it has changed on this version is because an e-commerce plugin decided to use the same ID for the menus on another part of their plugin and it conflicted so I made the decision to change the ID on the theme. 

Mark McCormick
    Participant

Hey Sharon,

I just upgraded and my menu turned to a seeries of dotted entries on the side behind the branding. I deleted the menu, recreated it – same problem -then I came here, closed all browsers, deleted the cache, came back and everything was fine – it's definitely a cache problem – once cleared OK

Sharon Alder
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I have cleared all caches again and it's still the same. I have 3 different browsers –

chrome, safari and firefox. It's the same in all. I have reactivated the plugin so that you could see. Here's the link. http://mlmsquared.com.

Thanks to everyone.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sharon,

The menu shows absolutely fine for me. 

Sharon Alder
    Participant

Hi Andy,

It is still not showing correctly for me.  The menu appears down the left hand side as a series of dots with the menu items. I have had a few people  check this on their computers. The same result. Would it make any difference that I am in Australia?

Obviously I would prefer to use the W3 Total Cache and MAX CDN as it makes the site faster but not if I can't correct this issue.

Any suggestions of what else I could do?

Thanks again.

Sharon Alder
    Participant

Hi again Andy

I have gone through every detail of my W3 Total Cache setup to see what could be causing the problem – turning elements on and off. I found that it was the CDN element. I unchecked the option to host the theme files (*.css;*.js;*.gif;*.png;*.jpg;*.ico;*.ttf;*.otf,*.woff) and emptied all caches and now the menu is back.

Not sure why there is this conflict with the CDN. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sharon,

I've no idea – but when I checked the menu was displaying fine (I should have taken a screenshot). It maybe a local issue. If you re-enable it does it work? 

Scott C
    Participant

Just a thought– are you clearing both the W3 Total Cache cache as well as your browser caches?

Sharon Alder
    Participant

Hi Andy

I have just re-enabled all the CDN options again. Cleared all caches again. And everything seems fine now. I think you might be right Andy – I think it was a local issue.

Anyway thanks to everyone for their help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Glad it's fixed Sharon. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.