Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Ben Jackson
    Participant

Updated today. Loving it. Not easy transition from the old version though. What’s up with my menu? I can’t figure out why it’s all weird compared to my old version of the theme.

http://www.alphashows.com.au/

Ben Jackson
    Participant

Also – why does the link in the blue bit at the top almost invisible because it’s also blue?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I’m glad you like it, I know it’s not the easiest of transitions, but it’s practically a new theme.

I’m not sure what you mean by the menu?

With regards to the link color, as the Infobar is within an Editor, you should be able to highlight the link and set the color you want?

Ben Jackson
    Participant

The menu – the main menu at the top. Just see the link, you’ll see the hovers aren’t lining up and it’s bumped the whole menu below the logo (which is ok because I want to fill in the gap with some big button images, but I have to have the hovers line up it’s hard to select the items as it is now)

Josh
    Participant

I had a similar issue with my menu when i updated. Did you have a custom menu before?

Try going to Appearance –>theme options–>header and choose WP custom menu

Then go to Appearance –>Menu –> click on the plus sign next to the main menu tab and create a new menu

Ben Jackson
    Participant

thanks. I updated some of the new theme options, but all it’s done is made my site go crazy, putting the content of the page into the menu! (and slowing it down immensely) i’ll keep trying to look at what the hell is going on

Ben Jackson
    Participant

custom menu descriptions. turn it off. blahhhh

still doing that stupid thing with the menu not lining up with the on hover

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Just checked out your site and the menu looks fine on my computer. Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing please? Have you also reset cache?

Kind regards,

Tom

Ben Jackson
    Participant

The menu LOOKS fine, so a screenshot wouldn’t make much sense. It’s the area that is being activated for the sub-menu. It’s offset to be well above where it should be.

Ben Jackson
    Participant

Any solution? You can still see that the submenus are still being activated from the wrong spot…

Ben Jackson
    Participant

Well that was easy. Decided to fix myself. First thing I did I fixed it. Changed style.css, with this:

#nv-tabs ul li span.menu-highlight {

height:100%;

width:100%;

position:absolute;

top:0;

left:0;

margin-top:-12px;

z-index:-1;

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I’m still confused as to what the issue was?

Ben Jackson
    Participant

The menu highlight (what triggers a submenu to appear) was offset from each menu item, minus -100% for the top, and it’s height was set to 200%, which meant it overlapped the second row of menu items, thus making it almost impossible to get to the submenu of the second row of menu items. You probably don’t have many ppl with 2 lines of menus so you hadn’t seen a problem before.

Ben Jackson
    Participant

One off thing i noticed last night, see here

http://www.alphashows.com.au/socialnetwork/groups/company-cast-members/

What is the heading “hunchback of Notre dame” doing there? Has nothing to do with the group name, it’s on most of the buddypress pages, and I have no idea where it’s pulling that from!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Sorry for not understanding the first time, I can see your problem now. Glad you found a fix.

With regards to the heading problem above, the only text of “hunchback of notre dame” is in the footer under ‘Shows’. It might be cached, have you tried resetting it?

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.