Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Menu above the header

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • tryglav
    Participant

Hi,

I’m building a website at http://pssw.pe.hu It uses You template with “Barber” Demo setup. Is it it posiible to have a nice full width menu above the header in this setup? I would like to have menu exactly like the floating one, but docked above the header all the time, perhaps even a bit bigger at the top of the site, something like in “construction” setup. It should replace the current menu in the bottom of the header. Didn’t find it in options 🙁 Do I have to change the setup to “construction” or is there another way? Eventually how to change setup not to lose colours,posted pages etc.?

Hi @tryglav

Just to confirm, you want to keep the current header layout and just move the menu to the top instead of below the logo? If not, please specify further or send screenshots/mockups of how you want it to look.

Also, please send over your site’s login credentials as I tried to mockup the CSS but it is not working correctly, so I wanted to check if there are any setting messing this up.

Thanks!

tryglav
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @tryglav

Thanks for specifying.

All you need to do is update your Header Settings via Appearance > Theme Options > Header then set ‘Horizontal Layout’ to ‘Logo Left | Menu Right’.

After that, set ‘Floating Header’ to ‘Float’. You can then customize the opacity of the header via Appearance > Customize > Customize Skins > Header > Background Opacity.

Regards,

tryglav
    Participant

Hi, I did how you recommended, It worked but only partially. Logo is now above the menu links, I’d like them (logo and links) inline with logo on the left. Current setting is exactly how you recommended ‘Horizontal Layout’ -> ‘Logo Left | Menu Right’. What am I doing wrong?

Hi @tryglav

While you had Theme Options set correctly, the specific page layout is still set to ‘Menu Center | Logo Center’.

You can see this by editing the home page, scroll down until you see the Theme tabs then click on ‘Layout’ tab. You should see ‘Horizontal Layout’ set to ‘Menu Center | Logo Center’.

Regards,

tryglav
    Participant

Thank You very much! As I know life I’d be looking for this for a looong time 😉 You’re the best tech support ever!

You’re welcome, @tryglav

If you like the theme, please don’t forget to rate it at https://themeforest.net/item/you-multipurpose-responsive-wordpress-theme/15175900?s_rank=2

Regards,

tryglav
    Participant

I have to reopen the topic. I just discovered, that floating menu, is covering content of the post. how can I fix that?

@tryglav

This is actually the normal behavior of the Floating + Transparent.

The best option is to edit the post and set the Header to Normal instead of Floating + Transparent.

Regards,

tryglav
    Participant

Thanks, I will try it out

You’re welcome, @tryglav

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.