Home / Forums / ePix Support / Menu arrangement is wrong

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • resolutionimages
    Participant

Hi! Love the theme. Two questions though.

Is there a reason the menu arangement on the website isn’t displaying properly?
    http://resolutionweddings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Screen-Shot-2013-12-18-at-12.35.23-PM.png
    http://resolutionweddings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Screen-Shot-2013-12-18-at-12.35.38-PM.png

The first is a screenshot of the order and layout I have on my admin pannel, the second screenshot is the way it’s displaying on the website. 🙁 T

The second question, how can I find out the recommended sizes for images? Example, the carousel and stage gallery options are at different crops and sizes, what size should I be uploading my images at? I know it’s responsive and can shrink it to fit different screens but every byte counts when loading pages on slow connection so I don’t want to upload a 1400×900 pixel image if it’s only going to display at 600×400. Thank you!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have the WP Custom Menu turned on within Appearance > Theme Options > Header? Do you have any navigation plugins that could be conflicting? If not, please reply with your login details and set your post to private, and I will take a look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

resolutionimages
    Participant

Ah, that fixed it! The “wp custom menu” part. I’ve done many wordpress blogs over the years but didn’t know this theme required that to be set. Thank you very much!

Any news on the second question about the proper sizes to set my images before I upload ones that are needlessly large? I can’t get much further in the design till I know that… Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Sorry, I completely missed out that section of your question! It really depends on the size you are setting your images to. If you are setting them to 600px wide, I would create them at 600px wide. As long as all of your images are in the same ratio, they won’t be different and wont be cut off.

On the other hand, the image resizer built into the theme will create a new image of the size you set the images to in the gallery and will only call this smaller image onto the page. This is useful for when you have images that open in lightbox for example.

But rule of thumb, as long as they are the same ratio, you should be fine.

Kind regards,
    Tom

resolutionimages
    Participant

Hmm. Perhaps I missunderstood that. If I’m setting them to 600px wide I should set them to 600px wide? … I’m not sure how that makes sense.

Most images are not at the same ratios. Some are vertical images, some are horizontal. What should I be sizing the vertical ones too and how should I be sizing the horizontal ones? Thank you!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

As Tom suggested, it really depends on what size you want the images and where you’re placing them. If they’re for the background, I’d recommend using 1600px + in width.

For the rest, you don’t need to worry too much as the Theme has an image resizing script built-in. It resizes and optimises the images on the fly. That way you’re not tied to one size. From an image that is 1600px the theme can make 100×100, 400×200 and any other size you specify in the gallery, blog etc.

I hope that helps?

resolutionimages
    Participant

Makes sense! I’ll take it from here!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.