Home / Forums / ePix Support / Menu disappears beneath canvas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • ruud3dv
    Participant

I’ve got a canvas on a webpage that prevents the items from the dropdown menu to be chosen..
    Also when the header is collapsed on mobile, the menu icon shows, but isn’t clickable.

http://3dv.nl/interactieve_panoramas/
    Try selecting from the menu: Techniek > Stereoscopie

As I understand the canvas has a higher z-index (max 1100 as far as I can see) but I dont know what custom CSS styling I should use to fix this, I’ve tried a lot of them. Can you help out?

ruud3dv
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The only page I could see this issue happening on is this page:

http://3dv.nl/interactieve_panoramas/

Try adding this to Appearance > theme options > Customize > Custom CSS:

div#container4203_4077 {
        z-index: 0;
    }

ruud3dv
    Participant

Thanks, that works, but only for that particular div. Is there a way to solve this for all these panoramic canvasses? I only have one online now, but planning on adding a lot more.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Unfortuantely it has no class to target. Once you’ve finished, if you post up again, I’ll let you know the id’s. The alternative is if it has an option to add a class when adding the panoramic canvasses?

ruud3dv
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!
    I know now how to find the ID’s so that’s no problem and I’ve already suggested to the developers of the panoramic canvas to add a class name to be able to easily set a z-index for it. You can find it here: https://ggnome.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10572

If you want to add some info this discussion feel free to contact them or give the info to me and I’ll pass it on.

Is it possible to approach this the other way? Ie: instead of lowering the z-index of the canvas, is there a way to make a higher z-index of the menu work? I’ve tried some CSS overrides with z-index: 9999 for the nav-tabs a and stuff, but they didn’t work, probably not in the same scope, another (branched) div hierarchy. I couldn’t get my head around it exactly, but you might be able to.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I did try that at first, but honestly, it would be best to approach it from the canvas point. They’ve set such a high value for it, I can’t see any reason why they would need to set that for a “content” element.

ruud3dv
    Participant

You’re right, this isn’t an ePix problem. The panorama canvas uses only 4 different z-index values but the highest is set to 5000. I’ve manually adjusted them to 2,3,4 and 5 now and all works fine then. I’ve asked the developer of the panorama plugin to adjust them too.

Thanks for your support!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.