Home / Forums / ePix Support / Menu Icons Can you rearrange order?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Cameron Pagan
    Participant

Hi there

In the menu with all the page links on a standard page at the top you have 4 buttons (social media share , search , cart, info)
    Can i control the order these are in as well as add more to the list of icons allready there?

Cam

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Adding more icons in is not really possible to do with the standard options but it can be done within the Customization Forum. You will need to select an icon from the Font Awesome collection.

Config-header.php is the file to change the order of the icons. If you do not know your way around PHP, I would not recommend changing things for this.
    You can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Eric Hoefler
    Participant

I’m guessing this is not in: lib > inc > config-header.php ?? The code doesn’t seem to be in that file. Can you provide the path to the correct file to change the icon order? Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

The code is defintely there. ePix/lib/inc/config-header.php. All the icons are listed within that file.

Kind regards,
    TOm

Eric Hoefler
    Participant

Maybe I’m missing something, or just am not properly understanding how you’re working that section, but I’ve pasted what I think is the relevant section of that file below. I’m not seeing where the order for the various icons is set anywhere in that section of the file (or in the rest of that file).

$mobile_social = '';

if( $NV_socialicons == "yes" )
    {
    require NV_FILES .'/inc/social-icons.php';

if( of_get_option('enable_responsive') != 'disable' && $NV_disableheart == 'yes' )
    {
    $mobile_social = 'mobile-social';
    require NV_FILES .'/inc/social-icons.php';
    }
    }

I do see that it calls for /inc/social-icons.php (which calls for /adm/inc/social-media-urls.php), but the order in /adm/inc/social-media-urls.php doesn’t seem to correspond to the order in the header.

Clearly I’m missing something, so I apologize for my ignorance. I’d really appreciate it if you could point out what I’m missing. Thank you.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

You should see the blocks of code for Search, Woocommerce and info panel, etc so you can shuffle these around to suit. The code is definitely there.

Tom

Eric Hoefler
    Participant

Ah yes … I can definitely move those. Sorry, I should have been more clear I guess.

What I’m wanting to change is the order of the actual social media icons: facebook, twitter, etc.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately the order of the social media icons cannot be changed. I have asked Andy(theme creator) and he said it is not possible. Sorry about that.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.