Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Menu in dashboard and on site doesn't display properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • MFKing
    Participant

Menu doesn’t display properly in dashboard or front end dashboard

and then looks like this in the browser website

I’m using Dynamix 2.9.2 but scared to update it incase my whole site breaks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Plugins installed are:

Quform 1.7.1
    Yoast SEO 2.3.4

http://www.fionapagemusic.co.uk

MFKing
    Participant

Don’t know why images won’t show; here they are:

Menu_dashboard

Menu website

MFKing
    Participant

I’ve managed to fix the site navigation, but the dashboard still looks the same.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like no menu has been selected via Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations?

I strongly recommend to put some time aside to update the theme. The longer you leave it, the more complex the update will become.

The best thing I can recommend is exporting your site to a “development” site and start the re-build. You’ll have to re-build most pages using the Visual Composer, but it’s well worth doing. 2.9.2 is from 2012, a whole host of things has changed since then.

MFKing
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’ve fixed the issue on the front-end but it’s why the wordpress dashboard doesn’t display properly is what’s bugging me. The drag and drop menu doesn’t work properly (as per the first figure)- For example I cannot click on the page name and alter any of the attributes or title on three different windows machines including different browsers. It does however work on linux with chrome.. Any thoughts about this?

Do you have a slightly newer version than 2.9.2 that is still compatible and I can just do a quick update without a full rebuild? Perhaps this will fix the dashboard issues?

Cheers,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The problem could be being caused by a plugin. Have you updated WordPress or kept that the same? If you’re using the latest version of WP, that could explain why this is happening – the Theme version and the latest WP won’t work well together.

If you post your WP login details, I could see where the error is coming from. But before I do that, please try disabling all plugins to see if that resolves the matter first.

MFKing
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’ve tried disabling all plugins and still looks the same. Not sure why it works in linux though, that’s odd. Where is there a safe palce i post my WP login details?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You can post them here, just click the “Set as private reply” and only myself can see them.

MFKing
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately no errors are being produced, so I can’t try to resolve it.

The best you could try is with the following version of DynamiX ( 3.11 ). It’s an update, but I can’t guarantee it won’t affect the site. I recommend backing up the current version ( in case it is that bad ) and then try the version below.

http://acoda.com/tmp/DynamiX_311.zip

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.