Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Menu item acting as link to popup… is there a way?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Alistair Cowan
    Participant

Is there a way for a menue item to link to a pop out window?  I have the Simple PopUp plugin, which gives shortcode that will create a link within a page.  It's a great workaround for having a Soundcloud player whilst someone looks through your site.  However, it would be ideal to have this as a top menu iten (for my purposes).

Alistair.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alistair,

Yes, if you're using DynamiX 2.8.3 you can add the CSS class target_blank to your menu item in Appearance -> Menus and I've built in code to listen for that class and open the link into anew window.

Hope that helps 

resonanthosting
    Participant

I have the same question, but I would like to display an actual javascript popup window instead of a full html page. Can't figure out how to do it this way. 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Unfortuantely that's not so straight forward. You would need to trigger some Javascript separately – give the menu item you want to trigger the popup a CSS class and then write the jQuery to trigger a javascript popup when that menu item class is clicked. 

Because this isn't directly theme related I can't really provide much more help than that. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.