Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Menu List Doesnt save new entries

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Rob Coleman
    Participant

Im trying to add more menu items to my list but its not saving past what I have.

Any idea why its doing this?!

Rob Coleman
    Participant

I have had to put this back how it was as people may want to use the site.

Would you be able to advise on the menu list problem?

I was having subpages from 4 league for 92 teams but couldnt get past a certain point

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Please can you be a bit more specific? Exactly where are the menu items? Which page are they located at? How have they originally been added into the site?

Kind regards,
    TOm

Rob Coleman
    Participant

If you go to appearance and menu…You can then add them on there for the main menu.

So what I was doing was having the league then the teams coming over them as subpages.

The problem is by the time I got to league 2 it wouldnt let me save anymore?!
    had been reading stuff about a limit?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Ah OK, I understand what you mean now. Exactly how many menu items were you trying to fit into the menu? I have also read that there is not a WordPress limit as such but a server limit on this which is why you might be running into issues.

Would it not be easier to have a simpler navigation menu with just League 1, League 2, etc then on those pages, have links to the different teams? Just thinking from a intuitive user perspective here.

I also read this “It appears that the limit of 90 is fixed by adding/editing the max_input_vars = 2000 in the ini file (it was commented out and has a default value of 1000).” If you do want to continue with lots of menu items, you will need to contact your host to change the above.

Tom

Rob Coleman
    Participant

I did try contacting them but didnt get a great response.

Thanks ill probably stick with the current setup for now

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.