Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Menu not displayed when too many items in submenus ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Laurent Wiart
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you so much for this amazing theme !
    I’m trying to create a menu with 3 levels of submenus, and as soon as I add one more submenu (explained below), the whole menu disappears from the website header and is displayed again when I remove it. I’m wondering if this is a bug or if I need to do something different.
    I would really appreciate some help on this topic.

Work just fine with (the menu is displayed at the top of the website pages):
    Accueil
    Initiation / découverte
    – Randonnee palmee
    – Baptême de plongee
    Formations
    – Plongeur PADI
    – OWD – Open Water Diver
    – AOWD – Advanced Open Water Diver
    – Rescue Diver
    – Divemaster
    Plongeur FFESSM
    – Niveau 1
    – Niveau 2
    – Niveau 3
    – Niveau 4
    – MF1 – Moniteur Federal 1er degre
    Sorties Catamaran
    Tarifs
    Contact

But as soon as I put the “Plongeur FFESSM” as a submenu of “Formations” and save, the whole menu disappears from the website :
    Accueil
    Initiation / découverte
    – Randonnee palmee
    – Baptême de plongee
    Formations
    – Plongeur PADI
    – OWD – Open Water Diver
    – AOWD – Advanced Open Water Diver
    – Rescue Diver
    – Divemaster
    – Plongeur FFESSM
    – Niveau 1
    – Niveau 2
    – Niveau 3
    – Niveau 4
    – MF1 – Moniteur Federal 1er degre
    Sorties Catamaran
    Tarifs
    Contact

I’ve spend several hours trying to figure out what’s happenning (no JS error) and I can’t seem to find a solution.

Thanks for your help
    Laurent

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

Are you trying to have a menu like this?

What version of WordPress and DynamiX are you using? Do you have a link to your site also?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Laurent Wiart
    Participant

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply.
    I finally found the solution : when adding many items to the menu, the menu would move up off the screen, out of sight.
    I just went to “Appearance > Personnalize” and changed the “Menu Top Margin”.

Best regards
    Laurent

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

Ah I see what you mean, glad you sorted it out and thanks for coming back to us.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michael SUtton
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Im trying to get my menu like yours but i have too many menu items and its showing everything, even sub sub menu items. This is so annoying.

I just want to list primary services and only display sub items of those services on hover.

Please view my site http://www.rawtel.com.au to see what i mean. How can i fix this issue?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve? Are you dragging your sub menus slightly to the right within Appearance > Menus?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michael SUtton
    Participant

Yes I am dragging them to the right slightly as a menu tree dictates in WordPress, however they are not hiding in this order in menu..

They still wont appear as a single column of primary items. It is showing ALL menu items.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

If you have imported the demo data, the second menu item has an extra bit of CSS which makes it include 3 columns in one. If you remove this it may solve your problem.

Navigate to Appearance > Menus > Screen Options > CSS Classes.

Taking another look at your site and it looks like you have sorted things out.

Hope this helps for reference anyway.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michael SUtton
    Participant

Hi Tom,

You are 100% correct! That is exactly what the problem was.

Very impressed by your knowledge, but like the psychic ninja I am, I looked into the future for your reply and made the adjustment last night as you have observantly noticed.

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.