Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Menu not working on Revolution Slider template page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • RHMG
    Participant

I am using You Theme.

On our home page, we have used a revolution slider. When we set the page template to slider revolution blank template, our navigational menu at the top of the page disappears.

When we use the theme’s default page template (or any other template) the menu reappears but the slider disappears.

I have looked through your site and see that some other users have experienced a conflict with Google Maps and you seem to have been able to help them.

Unfortunately, we need both Google Maps and Revolutionary slider to work on this site.

Can you please message me so I can send you the site details?

Thank you so much.

RHMG
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @rhmg

Can you please send the username? I tried ‘acoda’ and ‘admin’ as the username but none of the two worked.

Regards,

RHMG
    Participant

RHMG
    Participant

I personally tried it on our test site and Revolution slide works even when using the default page template.

Can you please give us permission to disable all your plugins so we can check if any of them is causing the issue?

Thanks!

RHMG
    Participant

On the home page:
    When using the default page template, the main slider (slider5) at the very top of the page disappears (but the menu is there).
    When using the slider revolution template – the the top slider (slider 5) is there but the menu disappears.

Yes, you can check the plugins.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon and learning how we can fix this without affecting any other functionality on the site.

Thank you for your time. 🙂

I have disabled the plugins, upgraded WP core, reinstalled VC and the issue still persists.

I installed Twenty Sixteen and the slider worked. I see that you are using Custom Post Types with the theme. I assume you added this to the theme’s functions.php, correct?

Have you tried to remove the customizations you added to the theme just to check if any of them is triggering the issue?

Thanks!

RHMG
    Participant

I am sorry to say, that whatever you did has now affected the functionality of the entire site. Yes there were some custom post types associated with shopify products. Also, the Google Maps plugin has disappeared all together! Every page has been changed! This is going to take us hours and hours and hours and hours to fix!!!!!

RHMG
    Participant

RHMG
    Participant

Just letting you know we have fixed this. It seems as if the theme appearance was changed to the wrong one (probably when you were doing the twentysixteen theme). We are using You Child Theme and have swapped it back so it is all working now.
    Cheers
    Susan

Hi @rhmg

Glad to know you were able to sort out the issue.

Just to confirm, the issue with the Revolution slider still persists, correct? If yes, can you please try to remove the custom post types you added to the theme just to check if any of them is causing the issue?

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.