Home / Forums / ePix Support / Menu on mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • David Biggs
    Participant

Hi – I have a menu item with sub-menus. When I view my site on an iPhone the menu item displays, and shows the symbol to drop down to expose the sub menus – all good – but it is impossible to pick a sub menu item as the ‘main menu item’ (or parent) next to the drop down symbol loads immediately before being able to select a sub menu item. So in the example tapping the symbol next to OUR WORK ‘briefly’ reveals the sub menu items but immediately loads the OUR WORK page rather than being able to choose the sub menus.
    How can I fix this please. Thanks
    menu issue

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

Like this for example.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

David Biggs
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response – appreciated.

I did want to have content on that page but it’s not vital if there is no workaround. I assume I can create two menus with a separate one for mobile with a #link to deal with this issue – leaving the desktop version with the content on that menu items page?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Yes you can create a mobile menu and set it within Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations > Mobile Menu.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.