Home / Forums / ePix Support / Menu Scroll Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
  • Alex Falceanu
    Participant

Hello everyone! While setting up my website I came across a rather odd issue. As I added items to the left hand side menu, I discovered that the scroll does not appear for the menu in question although there are are lots of items which would need scrolling to get to. Any help solving this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and patience with regards to this matter!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

The scroll bar may not show but you should be able to scroll if the content goes past the height of the browser window.

If not, you can turn on the sticky menu within Appearance > Theme Options > Header.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Alex Falceanu
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the prompt response. The scroll bar does not show and I am not able to scroll past the height of the browser window. I tried turning ON and OFF the sticky menu (it was already ON) however, this didn’t work. After I uploaded my logo the scroll bar appeared but it will not scroll till the bottom of the menu. I hope there is some way to fix this. Thanks for your time and patience!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Do you have a link to your site so I can take a further look please?

Tom

Alex Falceanu
    Participant

Sure Tom!

http://www.popcakephotography.com/main

Again, thank you so much for you help! I really appreciate it!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

If I resize my browser window so it is very small and cuts off the menu, I am able to scroll the sidebar up and down.

How large is your browser window? It must be very small to cut the menu off? Do you have a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Alex Falceanu
    Participant

Hi Tom,

My screen resolution is 1366×768. When I click on the Portfolio Menu item and it expands, I am able to scroll only till graphic design. I cannot see the other items under it. Here are two screenshots.

http://www.popcakephotography.com/1.jpg

http://www.popcakephotography.com/2.jpg

Thank you so much for your help with this issue!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Try adding this bit of CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

.header-inner {padding-bottom:40px !important;}

Alex Falceanu
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I did add the CSS code but it did not change anything. I still cannot scroll till the bottom of the page (contact). I can only scroll down to “pricing”. Any idea on how I could fix this? Thanks for your time and efforts!

Alex Falceanu
    Participant

I also noticed that in the theme preview, the scroll bar is already there, hence making things smoother. On my website however, the scrollbar is not there and when I click the menu and it appears, it makes the logo and menu items smaller. I don’t really like how that looks. Is there a way to make it look the same as on the preview theme?

Alex Falceanu
    Participant

I would really like to have this theme work as it should. I have a deadline to finish it. Thank you in advance for your help!

Alex Falceanu
    Participant

One other issue that I have noticed is the theme’s compatibility with IOS devices. I have tried to access it on my iPad and when I try to click on the extendable menu, it brings me straight to the Portfolio page. I am not able to select the menu items within thje portfolio menu. any fixes for this?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

On a tablet/mobile device there is nothing to re-create the hover that you get on the computer. You have to tap the menu item for it to expand.

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

Like this for example.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Alex Falceanu
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Thank you for your response. I will try to do that ASAP. Is there anything I can do to fix the scroll issues? As I said, I still cannot scroll down to the bottom of the menu and when the scroll bar appears, the logo gets resized and the menu items moved to the left a bit. This creates a rather odd effect and I would like it to be like on the theme preview page. Can you please help me with this as I have a deadline to meet with this website?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

The scroll is now completely fine on my computer. If I resize the window really small, I can scroll the menu and if I roll over the sub menu I can scroll. The logo is also still the same size.

Which browser are you testing on? I recommend resetting your browser cache if you have not already.

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.