Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Meta Description?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hi, Trying to get more into SEO and such. I’m trying to figure out how to edit what I believe is the meta description, what comes up when you google the site. At the moment, if you Google my site’s name, Metal Arcade, it comes up as Metal Arcade – Follow Metal Arcade … Read more ?. Page 1 of 87; 1; 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · » · 10 · 20 · 30 · » ». © 2012 Metal Arcade. Powered By DynamiX · Switch to our mobile site. How do I change this to something that actually describes what our site is?

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Through Googling I found a post that said to add this

<?php if ( is_home() ) { ?>
    <meta name=”description” content=”Dedicated to gaming, tech, movies, and more.” />
    <?php } ?>

into the header.php. I did this, still nothing. Does it matter where I put it?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I recommend using the SEO plugins which are widely available, they will give you the easiest and greatest control over SEO.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hey Andy, Yeah I’m using an SEO plug, but I can’t figure out how to change the meta description…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re probably best asking the plugin support  – which one are you using?

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Well I changed it, but I posted on another forum and they said it can take up to  a week for Google to display the new description.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Just checked and now it’s displaying properly!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.