Home / Forums / ePix Support / Mobile Devices

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Paul Growns
    Participant

On my site http://www.ideviceart.com I currently have pages that display wallpapers in a grid gallery

On desktop they are 8 columns wide and display the image as 200px x 200px and obviously when you click on the thumb they open in a large window using Lightroom

My issue is when it comes to viewing on a mobile device. When you open the same page it only shows a single column, now currently I have about 100 images but over time this will grow and will be tedious for the end user.

How can I solve this issue and maybe show 3 columns on mobile devices

I am only using the one plugin (Visual Composer)

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

That’s natural for mobile to stack them on top of each other.

We can override this by adding the following into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Mobile CSS:

.grid-gallery .row .eight_column {width:33.3% !important;float:left !important;}

If that doesn’t work, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

I’m already liking the site, can’t wait to see the finished product!

Paul Growns
    Participant

Again, thanks for the reply, only issue is that I can’t access the theme option as per my previous post to complete this…

And thanks for the compliment on the site. I’m very happy with it for my first attempt at a site and that’s down to yourself and the ePix template

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Paul Growns.

Paul Growns
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’ve tried this and it just gives me the message,

The was a problem with the site reloading the page

You have my login details if you need them

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

It looks like you’re using a different Gallery now? This doesn’t have responsive capability so i wouldn’t be able to achieve the same effect.

Paul Growns
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I was having too many issues with the loading speeds using the gallery that ones with the theme and a lot of complaints from my users.

I’m now using NextGen Gallery which allows for more options and I seem to be achieving quicker loading times than before and have achieved the same thing. It also fills iPads etc rather than just having the single column so now I’m happy.

Thanks for your help again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.