Home / Forums / ePix Support / Mobile menu and home page issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
  • johnvdeluca1
    Participant

Hello-
    I ran into two problems after running the last EPIX update. The home page images are off center and the mobile menu buttons no longer work on my android galaxy phone. I am new to wordpress and just took the site over from the marketing company that built and launched the site. I would rather try to fix this myself so any help is appreciated.

Home page at- http://www.delucaphoto.com

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It appears the images are too small for the home page gallery, see here: http://delucaphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/slide-3-ver2.jpg

Also, the site markup seems broken. Please try flushing any caching plugins and try disabling plugins to see if that has an affect.

johnvdeluca1
    Participant

What pixel size do you recommend?

We are not using a caching plug in and disabling the plug ins has no effect on the mobile menu buttons.

Thanks for your response.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

For that Gallery, I recommend using 2000px in width.

Can you post your WP login details please, I’ll take a look at the menu issue .

johnvdeluca1
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

johnvdeluca1
    Participant

Andy-
    Update- Our service provider has a known issue with their database. Over a 100 other sites have an issue connecting with the database at the moment. Please hold on making any site changes at this time due to the fact they may roll back the database. I submitted a ticket with them regarding the site issues and will post another update when I hear back from them.

Thanks

johnvdeluca1
    Participant

Hi Andy-
    Update#2- Our service provider has fixed the connection with the database, however, it did not resolve the mobile menu buttons. The buttons appear to be working if a desktop browser is resized to mobile size or sometimes in mobile emulation software. The mobile buttons do not work if you are on an actual phone or tablet in vertical view. Can you please log in and look at this issue.

The second issue with the home page photos is now fixed and are shows up full width. I was able to resize the home page photos to 2000px wide by changing the canvas size in Photoshop and filling in the edge with the clone stamp tool.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  johnvdeluca1.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s a bit of CSS you’ve placed into ePix/style.css ( not the child theme but the core one ). I’ve commented it out and you can see that it now works.

johnvdeluca1
    Participant

Hi Andy-
    The mobile menu works now but there is a scrolling issue with the top and side bar menus in mobile and tab view. When you scroll down the side bar moves and you can see the rose background. I shot a quick video that shows the problem on mobile and tablet.

Mobile and Tablet

Thanks for your help.

johnvdeluca1
    Participant

I just noticed another issue. The loading coin icon is not centered when you go through the menu links. It appears at the bottom part of the page instead of the center. You can scroll the loading icon up to near center while it’s loading.

Lorg
    Participant

Hello Andy,

i have a problem too with my menu on mobile devices(it’s ok on my computer but not adjusted to smartphone screen). If you can have a look with a smartphone on https://www.la-photo-prod.com/. Thank you very much

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi @axelduke, the issue is the responsive file is missing ( https://www.la-photo-prod.com/wp-content/themes/ePix/stylesheets/responsive.css Failed to load resource: the server responded ), please re-upload the file to your server and that should resolve it.

@johnvdeluca1 can you re-install the standard theme and try not using the Child theme to see if that has an affect. I can’t replicate it with the standard theme.

Lorg
    Participant

Thanks Andy!

johnvdeluca1
    Participant

Hi Andy-
    I tried activating the main theme and the homepage scrolling issue is still active. You don’t need a phone to see it, just resize your browser and scroll up and down on the home page. Could this be css related issue in the core theme?

johnvdeluca1
    Participant

I was able to reload Epix using FileZilla and the scrolling issue is gone, however, the home page photos have been replaced with a single vertical image. Our web design company set it up that way when it was first launched, however, they where able to remove the css on the mobile version under the main menu links “five stars on wedding wire” so you could see the whole image.

Is it possible to remove the “five starts on wedding wire” css on the mobile only and change the single vertical shot to the standard home page horizontal image gallery?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.