Home / Forums / ePix Support / Mobile Menu Bar is not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
  • cindyhpatterson
    Participant

Hello,

For the past few weeks, the menu bar (button with three horizontal lines to drop down the menu options) is not working at all. You click/push on it (which should then drop down the menu options) but it doesn’t do anything. Therefore a visitor cannot access our website via the mobile site while using an IPhone (and just recently not working on an IPad). I see others who had this problem on the forum, but didn’t see a resolution/solution to fixing the issue. The “share” button is not working as well. Please help and let me know what I can provide.

The website is http://rodneybailey.com/

Thank you so much!

Hi @cindyhpatterson

Can you send over your login credentials so we can check on this further?

Regards,

cindyhpatterson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @cindyhpatterson

I checked your WP Dashboard and seems like you are still using an older version of Epix theme (version 2.1.3) and Visual Composer (version 4.7.4). These older versions are not compatible with WP 4.5.

To get this fix, please update the Epix theme to version 2.3. Once done, update also the Visual Composer that came along with the theme.

Regards,

cindyhpatterson
    Participant

Thank you! I updated the Epix them to version 2.3 as well as updated Visual Composer and Revolution Slider as instructed. I cleared my cache and checked the mobile website on two IPads and two IPhones. The menu button and share button still do nothing when clicked/pushed. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. Thanks again!

Hi

I tested your site on mobile and indeed the menu still not working.

I was about to check the settings in WP Dashboard however, the password seems to be incorrect. Can you send me again your WP Dashboard username and password so we can check on this further?

Regards,

cindyhpatterson
    Participant

I checked your WP Dashboard and theme has already been updated to version 2.3. However, it seems you haven’t updated the Visual Composer, thus you are having this issue. As mentioned on my previous reply, the older versions are not compatible with WP 4.5.

To get this fix, kindly deactivate the current Visual Composer and then install the newest version (Visual Composer 4.11.2).

Regards,

cindyhpatterson
    Participant

I have updated Visual Composer as well as Slider Revolution. I’ll stay tuned for next steps. Thank you!

Danilo
    Participant

Hi,

Looking forward for a solution, I am experiencing same issue and I have VC Version 4.11.2.1.

Hi @cindyhpatterson

I checked your site again on mobile and the menus still not working.

Have you tried disabling all the plugins except Visual Composer to check if any of those plugins is causing the issue? If you have done that as well, please give us permission to try it from our end as well.

Hi @danidg2588

Can you send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can check further on this?

Regards,

Danilo
    Participant

cindyhpatterson
    Participant

Thank you…you have my permission to check the plug-ins from your end! Let me know what you find – much appreciated!

Hi @danidg2588

The login credentials you provided does not have admin access. Can you please set it as admin so we can look into this further?

Thanks!

Hi @cindyhpatterson

One of your plugins is causing the issue. With just Visual Composer enabled, the menu works on mobile without any issue. Please disable them again one by one to check which one is breaking the menu.

Thanks!

cindyhpatterson
    Participant

I just went to check my website on my IPhone before disabling the plugins one at a time per your instructions, and I see a new mobile site appearance than I have not seen before. Is this because of the version update to the Borders theme?

The “new mobile site” allows for the menu (now a side bar) to come up and be able to click through the various pages – however none of the masonry tiled images (shown in the desktop site) are present, and the images within the content of the pages are broken (you see the image link/description, but not the image). Let me know if I can provide you with screen shots. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.