Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Mobile – Problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Natify
    Participant

Hello,
    i am trying to create my website. It looks on desktops very good. But if i open the website with my phone or my tablet, it looks very bad.
    I am using the revolution slider, and the picture that im using is showing only 1/3.
    When i was buying this template, i have read that this template is compatible with mobile phones and tablets.
    Can someone help me?
    Best regard, Mike

Natify
    Participant

Is it Possible to turn the revolution Slider only for Mobile Phones/Tablets off?

Thank you for every help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

The rev slider should display correctly on the mobile device. Ensure that you have it set up to be responsive and not a fixed width or else it will not display as it should. If it is set to responsive, it will size down with the browser window.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Natify
    Participant

Hello Tom,

i´m very thankfull for your fast and helpfull support! Your councel solved my problem!
    But i have an other question: how can i edit (without php/mysql/css skills) the menu for mobile phones and tablets?

Thank you a lot again.

Best regard,
    Mike

Natify
    Participant

*the menu appearance/visibility

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

No worries, thats what I am here for 🙂

I am not 100% sure what you mean by editing the menu but you can create a mobile menu that will only show on mobile devices. To do this, go to Appearance > Menus > Create a new menu > Add in your menu items > Menu Locations in the top tab > Select your new menu for mobile.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Natify
    Participant

Sorry for my bad description.

I mean i have only 2 choices how my mobile – menu appear:
    1. Floating Menu
    2. Select Menu

how can i edit, for example the color/font of the floating menu?

Greetings

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You will need to use Custom CSS to edit this only for mobile devices. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Natify
    Participant

Hello!

1. is it possible that the sticky menu is only for PC but not for mobile?

2. i set in general settings “auto responsive” to “off”: so the appearance on mobile phones, is like on PC.
    but i have a problem: i cant open with the mobile phone the “SUB-Menus”. Is it possible to keep this visibility (Auto responsive “off”) but to create a menu button only for mobile phones?

3. i want to update dynamix. i use this link to download the update: : https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit/archive/master.zip
    and put the folder to /wp-content/plugins/ –> After activating the plugin my wordpress is stucking on and i cant do anything!
    So i cant nor update “visual composer”

Thank you!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Natify,

1. You can add the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Mobile CSS.

.header-wrap.stuck {
    position: relative !important;
    }

2. If you have your navigation items set as links, when you click them on a mobile device, they will go to that page as a mobile device does not have a hover function. You need to set your main drop downs as custom links. See here for more information.

3. Did you upload the files via FTP or the zip file? I recommend locating the .zip file on your local computer, then go to your WP admin and then Plugins > Add New > Upload the .zip file and activate the plugin. This should upload the plugin correctly.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Natify
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

2. You need to set up your navigation links as custom links instead of actual links.

For mobile browsing, the user cannot select the drop down without going to the sub menu page. You need to set them as custom links with no link set so when the user presses the sub menu, the drop down appears.

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

You can create another menu as you have done and set it for the mobile menu only, this will also work.

You can watch a screencast on this here.

3. Not sure how you were uploading the plugin but I uploaded it first time with no issue. You just need to go to WP admin > Click on Envato Toolkit sub menu from the left menu > Enter your Marketplace Username and API key.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Natify
    Participant

2. solved
    3. i have now dynamix 4.0.2. But the actual version is 4.0.8. Is it possible to get it?

Thank you a lot!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

A new update has been released for DynamiX which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.