Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Mobile Sidebar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • djcopious
    Participant

Hi there,

What is the CSS code for removing the sidebar on mobile devices……. I tried one of the CSS code snippets you had in another forum post, but it didn’t work…….

Thanks a bunch!

Colin

Hi @djcopious

Can you please provide your site’s URL so we can personally check on this from our end?

Regards,

djcopious
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @djcopious

For new themes like YOU, which is built as “mobile responsive”, there is really no need to use WP Touch.

WP Touch makes your site mobile-friendly, which is redundant since the theme is already mobile responsive.

By default, sidebars go fullwidth on mobile and it goes under the content container which also goes fullscreen.

As I checked, it looks like you or your plugins added a set of CSS setting the container to 75% width and the sidebar to 25% width and this is breaking the site’s layout.

Do you just want to hide the sidebar on mobile because it does not look good?

The big space added at the top of the search box on the sidebar on mobile is also added by one of your plugins, shortcode-ultimate.

If you do want to proceed with hiding the sidebar on mobile, copy and paste this CSS into Theme Options > Custom CSS > Mobile CSS:

.page .sidebar {
        display: none;
    }

Regards,

djcopious
    Participant

Hi @djcopious

There has been no reported issue of such.

Can you please send over the login credentials of the site that does not have the mobile menu and give us permission to disable plugins to check if any of them is causing the issue?

Regards,

djcopious
    Participant

Hi @djcopious

I can’t seem to login to your WP site. It is not accepting either the username or password. Can you please check?

Regards,

djcopious
    Participant

Hi there…….

I redid it…. should be fine now…. try the previous, same login info.

Thanks!

Colin

Hi @djcopious

Can you please replace you/style.css with this version: http://acoda.com/you-theme/wp-content/themes/you/style.css

Regards,

djcopious
    Participant

Hello,

I have replaced it…… not sure if it was supposed to change anything. The result is the same for mobile.

Colin

Hi @djcopious

Can you please send over your FTP login so we can test on this from our end?

Regards,

djcopious
    Participant

Hi @djcopious

This should be sorted out now.

Please check and confirm from your end.

Regards,

djcopious
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.