Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Modify display order in Grid-Filter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
  • traubinger
    Participant

Hi @acoda,

in the Post-Mansory-Grid item you can set a Filter and set the portfolio_categories as filter elements for example.
    On the frontend, these filter-items are displayed in alphabetical order according to the “Name” attribute of the portfolio_category.

Where in the you-theme-code can I edit this filter to display these items in another order like e.g. the title or slug?

Thank you!

Hi @traubinger

I tried to check the theme and VC files and I can’t particularly tell which file controls the category filter.

I have coordinated this with the developer and I will get back to you once I have more information on this.

Regards,

traubinger
    Participant

Any news on this one?

Hi @traubinger

My apologies for the delay on this.

I have made a follow-up with the developer. I’ll update you once I hear from him on this.

Regards,

akartstudio
    Participant

I have the same problem. I couldn’t use it in alphabetical order.
    I have to make my own order.
    Do you have solution for this?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  akartstudio.

Hi @akartstudio

By how you explained it, the issue you are encountering is different from the original issue.

Can you please elaborate so we can look into it?

Thanks!

akartstudio
    Participant

I have the same problem as @traubinger – it means – it’s only alphabetical order in this filter, no other choice, but I could’t use this order (it means – I don’t wan’t to use this alphabetical order).
    For example – when you have three category: “wild”, “photo” and “other” – category “other” will be always on the first place. It is not good to place “other” first…

Hi @akartstudio

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally check and test on this further from our end?

Regards,

traubinger
    Participant

@EDCEL I can assure you @akarstudio has git exactly the same problem… you told me you will check with the developer… no update on this issue since one week now…

Would be nice if Andy could give any advice!
    Thank you!

akartstudio
    Participant

As @traubinger said – I have exactly the same problem and I have to find solution….
    You have my siteโ€™s URL and login credentials in another post – about problem with latin characters in filter…

I am still waiting for Andy’s response on this as there’s a number of pending stuffs he is looking into so I tried to search for this in the theme codes and I think I found the correct line to change.

Try to update line 196 of /lib/inc/classes/post-loop.class.php. Here is the current value:
    asort( $category_array );

You can replace the sorting function or just add sorting flags specific to what you want. You can read more about it here: http://php.net/manual/en/function.asort.php

Thanks!

akartstudio
    Participant

It is not so easy for me.
    Could you tell me how to do that? The best solution: not filter at all. I want to make my own order.
    If I make my own order in “build query” it will be sorted at once in alphabetical order.

traubinger
    Participant

@acoda:
    I don’t think this was the right line, cause this filter affects the display order of the filtered elements in the grid and not the items in the filter itself ๐Ÿ™‚

BUT HERE’S the solution without any additional code:

Just get the plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/

After installation, you’ll find a new menu item under “Portfolio” to order your categories. Just so easy with drag and drop, works perfectly. Hope you can use it too, akarstudio ๐Ÿ™‚

akartstudio
    Participant

I donโ€™t think this was the right line, cause this filter affects the display order of the filtered elements in the grid and not the items in the filter itself ?

Exactly

Just so easy with drag and drop, works perfectly. Hope you can use it too, akarstudio

Not works for me. It means – I can change the order and I even see new (proper!) order on the Grid Gallery – Bulid Query. But on the www still “asort” order (alphabetical case sensitive)…

traubinger
    Participant

Akartstudio, drop me a private email, I’m sure the plugin works for you… ๐Ÿ™‚ Let’s try!
    my email is traubinger (at) gmx.de

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.