Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Modify display order in Grid-Filter

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
  • Glad to know you found a workaround, @traubinger and thanks for sharing it.

@akartstudio

The login credentials you sent do not work anymore. Can you please reset and resend it so I can test the workaround @traubinger suggested on your site?

Thanks!

akartstudio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

It looks like the plugin only works for first level categories from how it looks as of the moment.

Can you please send over your FTP credentials so I can try the code changes?

Thanks!

akartstudio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @akartstudio

One last thing I forgot to ask – how do you want the categories on your site’s filter sorted out? Can you please elaborate?

Thanks!

akartstudio
    Participant

I want to sort it in my (“custom”) order. It means from the most important for me to the least important. I could sort it manualy in “build query” tab…

Hi @akartstudio

What you want will require a lot of custom coding which we do not support unfortunately. The best we can do is add arguments to the current sorting function, which means there is no “custom” sorting for it.

You can try to search for other plugins that can help you with such ordering. The plugin @traubinger suggested only works with first-level categories based on the tests I did.

Regards,

akartstudio
    Participant

I’ve just modified categories for first level. Didn’t works for the first level category too – only alphabetical order… So I’m back to second-level.

traubinger
    Participant

With me it definitely works on first level categories… I answered your private email, but you didn’t respond though…

Stefan Friedl
    Participant

it would help if we know where to change the sorting behaviour of portfolio categories from NAME to SLUG. slug can be anything, the name showing up is then, there, where slug is.

Hi @pullober

This will require a number of code changes to the theme, so the best option is to use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/ plugin to make it easier for you to sort out the filter items.

Regards,

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.