Home / Forums / ePix Support / Modifying the Sidebar w/Icons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

I’m prototyping a new site for my business and desire to embed icons in the nav bar. The firm has won several awards, and displaying them under the menu would be ideal. The home page will be a full screen gallery, and placing the icons on the image(s) run afoul with the responsive nature of the theme. (something I don’t wish to disable) My question is: “What would be the most effective manner to accomplish this?” Should I add links to the icons after the nv-tabs css (line 1371 of the stylesheet), or elsewhere? Are there any hidden complications to what I’m trying to do?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nils,

These are the positions that have been coded into the theme. If you want the social icons anywhere else you can get the shortcode for them and place the code into the header HTML section. You may have to use CSS to position them perfectly but it will work.

Create a new page
    Add in your chosen social icons
    1. Click the blue button ‘Classic Editor’ if not already selected
    2. Text tab
    3. Copy the social icon code
    4. Paste into Header HTML/Shortcode and customize from there.

You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Thanks, that works! Off and designing again!
    Nils

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.