Home / Forums / ePix Support / More than One Visual Composer Masonry Grids not Displaying on Blog List Page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • zistudios
    Participant

Hi,
    On my blog paste where all of my blog posts are listed, only the first post will display the mansonry grid. I have turned off excerpt mode and tried re-ordering the post. Consitently only the first post will display the Composer Mansonry grid.

http://www.delaunfuller.com/category/blogging/

zistudios
    Participant

Updating just to trigger notification via e-mail

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

From inspecting the code, it looks like the first post is the only post that has a Grid Gallery present. The rest of the post appear to be just static images.

Which other post has a Masonry Grid present?

zistudios
    Participant

The first three post all have masonry grids. If you click the actual blog titles you will see that when a single blog entry is rendered the full masonry gallery is rendered.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you provide your WP login details and I’ll take a look at what’s happening for you.

zistudios
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately the access rights only allows me to see certain things, I’d need admin rights. However, it looks like it is being stripped from the content and not just a CSS issue.

You have a javascript issue, which maybe related to another plugin ( if you haven’t already, please disable all plugins apart from VC ), but I don’t think that would cause the rest of the Grid Galleries to not show.

Have you tried using the Advanced Excerpt plugin to see if that allows it?

Without admin rights, I can’t do a lot more than what I’ve suggested above.

zistudios
    Participant

I have changed your role. I’ve deactivated any plugin that I think would cause this issue. Still no improvement.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It turns out it’s a limitation of the Visual Composer Galleries. It can’t process more than one of them like that. You may have better luck using my “Grid Gallery” instead of the Visual Composer ones.

zistudios
    Participant

When I use your galleries, they collapse down on themselves. I’ve submitted tickets in the past for help but the fix I believe you implemented didn’t consistently work. On mobile devices the ePix grids often collapsed on themselves overlaying images on one another. I’ve used multiple VC grids in other themes without issue.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

We can test it out by switching to Twenty Fifteen and going to a blog archive page. If it works, I’ll have to investigate why it doesn’t with the theme, but from what I can see, the VC just isn’t firing multiple instances for the blog pages.

zistudios
    Participant

It looks like the site I did this in had a modified version of VC that came with a different template. Therefore I’ve switched to the epic masonry. A couple of quick points:
    1) one big reason why I prefer the VC masonry is because she you go to add media, you can search the media gallery using key words. This isn’t possible with the slide set master. Any chance of an update to enhance the slide set
    Master image selection screen.?
    2) can you take a look at the third blog post (rockstar fashionista Tanya). When I go into the post in chrome mobile, the menu overlays with the title and the images.

Thank you!

zistudios
    Participant

Additional note: this is happening in both safari and chrome on my iPhone. I am not certain how it behaves on the iPad.

Lastly, is it possible to set the padding witch when using the epic gallery the way you can with VC standard? Thanks again!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You can add media in Grid Galleries by setting the Data Source to “Image Selector” and this allows you to search the media library.

2. It’s because you have “Floating Header” enabled on that post. Switch it off via the Post options and it will behave like the others.

3. You can add padding, but you can’t control the value. I can give you some CSS for this if you like. I just need the page where you’ve placed the Gallery or if you want it on all Grid Galleries with Padding, I can set that too.

zistudios
    Participant

Hi. Thanks Andy

1. If you have a running list of requested enhancements, it would be awesome to add this feature for the custom post type of slideset. When creating a new slideset, I’d love to be able to this because the slideset feature is awesome! That being said, thanks for the suggested work around.

2. Thanks! Fixed!

3. I wanted to make sure that the padding was consistently 3px or 5px, etc. Similar to what you do with the VC grids. Nonetheless, not a big deal.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.