Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Move Blog To New Installation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Noah
    Participant

Hello,

Our website is on a very old version of DynamiX. When I attempt to upgrade to the latest theme the site breaks horribly. To resolve this I have created a new cpanel account in my hosting and am rebuilding the site from scratch using the latest version of the theme. When I’m done rebuilding the site the last thing to do before going live will be to move the blog (and hopefully all of its images) from the current site to the new site. Can you please provide instructions for how to do that for a semi novice user for the DynamiX theme. Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

If it’s just the blog posts and the images attached to the posts, the best option would be to use the WordPress > Tools > Export > Posts, this will create an XML file.

From here you can import it on the new server by using WordPress > Tools > Import > WordPress ( you maybe asked to install a plugin, do this ) > Choose File > Select the downloaded XML from the above step.

I hope that helps?

Noah
    Participant

Awesome, thanks! Is this a new feature of WordPress? Not sure how I missed that. Once I get the new site done I will try this.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

I believe it’s been there since the beginning, it’s just not made very obvious.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.